Youn Yuh Jung, Son Ye Jin and Kang Ha Neul have received offers to star in an important drama project called ‘A Tree Dies While Standing’.
On September 29, as reported the Oscar-winning actress Youn Yuh Jung, Son Ye Jin and Kang Ha Neul have received offers to star in the upcoming TV series “A Tree Dies While Standing”. The drama tells the story of a North Korean man who overcomes all dangers to defect to South Korea to fulfill his grandmother’s last wish.
Youn Yuh Jung will play Geum Soon – a woman in her 90s, the founder and head of a leading hotel chain in Korea. Son Ye Jin will play Se Yeon – Geum Soon’s granddaughter. She will be the heir to the hotel when her grandmother passes away.
Kang Ha Neul is considered for the role of Mun Seong, the grandson of Geum Soon living in North Korea. He tries to defect to Korea to meet his grandmother who lives across the border.
Representatives of Youn Yuh Jung’s management company Hook Entertainment and Son Ye Jin’s MS Team Entertainment confirmed this. Both actresses have received scripts and are reviewing them.
Netizens are extremely excited about the excellent cast and interesting content. If Youn Yuh Jung is confirmed to participate, this will be the first drama since she received the Oscar for her role in ‘Minari’. As for Son Ye Jin and Kang Ha Neul, who “missed cooperation” in Song Welcoming the Moon, fans really wanted the two to co-star in a work.
- I hope Son Ye Jin unnie will take the role.
- All actors have top-notch acting.
- Waiting for Doctor Cha Mi Joo to finish but now has a new movie. Ye Jin fighting.
- Oh my god, she’s so hard-working, did she also pass through North Korea this time?
- I feel like Kang Ha Neul hasn’t had a predestined relationship with a beautiful sister, the time after “Crash Landing on You”, they were also invited to act in a historical drama but declined!!! This movie looks good, I don’t know if they have any charm?
- So if they accept the offer, they will play two siblings, right?
A Tree Dies While Standing is scheduled to be produced next year.