These are the Kpop idols with dancer qualifications and are good enough to be competing with professional dancers in the industry.
‘Street Woman Fighter‘ is Mnet’s latest survival show for professional female dancers. Kang Daniel is the host of the show, while the judges include BoA and Taeyong (NCT). In this competition, a total of 8 girl dance crews will compete for the championship: YGX, LACHICA, WANT, WAYB, CocaNButter, HolyBang, Hook, PROWDMON.
Most of the contestants are professional female dancers, but there is a K-pop idol, Lee Chaeyeon (former IZ*ONE member) from the WANT crew. Lee Chaeyeon’s appearance on the show has caused many discussions to arise over the question: Are Kpop idols qualified to compete with professional dancers?
Accordingly, even though Chaeyeon is good at dancing, she is still considered the weakest on the show, even being looked down on by other dancers. The reason is because dancers think that they are extremely different from Kpop idols when it comes to dancing because their purposes are not the same as idols.
A GIF of Chaeyeon dancing next to a professional dancer has made Knets think that idols shouldn’t be on shows like this. Netizens claim that idols can’t compete with dancers who clearly have better dancing skills and more appealing performances. Some Knets even claim that Kpop idols should not be allowed to join these kinds of shows.
On the other hand, there are also comments arguing that the idol world still has several representatives whose abilities can compare to professional dancers. Recently on the Pann forum, a Knet shared a post saying: ‘I realized this after watching ‘Street Woman Fighter‘, Lee Chaeyeon is one of the idols with the best dancing skills, but… Are there any idols who have the qualifications of a professional dancer?’
Here are 10 Kpop idols that Knets believe can compete head-to-head without losing miserably to professional dancers. Many of them used to be underground dancers, or are naturally good at dancing. Knets think that these idols can break the stereotype that Kpop idols are not qualified enough to go up against professional dancers.
Song Hayoung (fromis_9)
Some comments from Knetizens:
- For male idols, it’s J-Hope, for female idols, it’s Momo and Lisa. J-Hope used to be an underground dancer.
- I think it’s Kai.
- Aren’t Kai and Taemin dancers?
- NCT’s Shotaro. He’s a dancer after all!!
- My picks are Taemin, Kai, and Lisa!
- It’s J-Hope!
- I think it’s NCT’s Jisung.
- For male idols, it’s Kai, for female idols, it’s Lisa!
- Probably Chungha. She’s extremely good!
- Many people probably don’t know her but fromis_9’s Hayoung is very good at dancing, she was an underground dancer.
- When I see this, I immediately think of Hyoyeon.
- Song Hayoung of fromis_9 is a famous underground dancer. She is really talented!
- It’s J-Hope. His choreography is not like a K-pop idol but legit street style dancing. He can compete in dance battles because he has experience in the underground world.
- I think there are very few Kpop idols who can freestyle in dance battles. Most of them just dance to choreographies made by professional dancers. In order to go up against professional dancers in a dancing competition, perhaps not many idols have the qualifications.
How about you, which Kpop idols do you think have the skills to go into a dance battle with professional dancers? Please share your thoughts.