According to Korean netizens, I’VE’s Leeseo has some resemblance to at least 8 idols.
Before releasing their debut product “Eleven“, the rookie girl group I’VE from Starship Entertainment will have the opportunity to get closer to the audience through their 2-part pre-debut campaign. The first part called “Have What We Want” briefly introduced the first images of Yujin, Gaeul, Wonyoung, Rei, Liz and Leeseo as 6 members of girl group I’VE.
For the second part, “Show What I Have“, which was officially kicked off on November 15, each member will have their own promotional video in which they introduce basic information and common life moments of themselves. The first 2 members introduced in “Show What I Have” were leader Yujin and Rei – the only Japanese member of I’VE, respectively.
The 3rd “Show What I Have” promotional video brought fans the lovely images of Leeseo – I’VE’s youngest member who is only 14 years old this year (15 years old in Korean age). In the video recently released by Starship, this 2007-born girl impresses fans with her bright and dynamic personality, which is true to her age but quite different from her image in her official profile picture.
Leeseo’s ‘Show What I Have’ video became a hot topic right after its release for several special reasons. Many audiences were confused by Leeseo’s pronunciation in this video. While the Japanese member Rei surprised everyone with her natural Korean, the Korean member Leeseo startled netizens because of her way of speaking that sounds so much like a Japanese.
Korean netizens commented:
- Is she a foreign member????
- What’s with her pronunciation??
- I wonder if it is because she’s still young but her pronunciation sounds so strange…ㅋㅋㅋ
- Why does she sound like Momo…?!
- There’s something wrong with her pronunciation. Maybe it’s because she’s too young??? Born in 20118 so she’s still a secondary school student
- Is she half-blood..?? Or a foreigner…? Her pronunciation doesn’t sound like a Korean’s
- She has dental braces right?? That’s why it sounds weird…
- I thought she’s the Japanese member instead of Rei… Her pronunciation sounds exactly like Momo and Nako
- The narration sounds a little awkward but the last part is okayㅋㅋㅋ
- I heard people say that’s because of her wearing dental bracesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Her lower teeth looks different from that in her past photos. Don’t be too strict on a 15 year-old girl.
It is undeniable that Leeseo’s visual is receiving more and more compliments from Korean netizens. However, after the video ‘Show What I Have’ was unveiled, Internet users raised discussion pointing out Lee Seo resembles many other idols, such as SNSD Yoona, Red Velvet Yeri, a member of her group Ahn Yujin and TVXQ Changmin. In fact, before debuting under Starship Entertainment, Leeseo once worked as a child model at SM after being selected through a 1:400 audition. Maybe this is why this 2007-born idol has a visual that reminds netizens of SM Ent’s stars.
Most notably, even though Leeseo is Korean, her facial features are evaluated to be the same as half-breeds. For this reason, in the list of idols who are similar to Leeseo, there are also popular Kpop “hybrid roses” from Jeon Somi to Huening Bahiyyih (Kep1er).
- “She’s like a combination of Ahn Yujin and Yeri lol”
- “She looks like Yeri. So cute”
- “I don’t know if it’s because Leeseo used to be SM’s child model, but I think that she has a face type that looks like YoonA and Changmin. Leeseo resembles YoonA during her debut days”
- “Her nose, mouth and lower jaw look like Changmin while her overall face looks like YoonA”
- “She looks like Jeon Somi too. Is she a half-breed?”
- “There are some similarities between her and Kim Doah – Kim Choyeon from ‘Produce 48′”
- “Am I the only one who thinks she looks like Huening Bahiyyih and Jeon Somi? The lower part of her face is similar to Bahiyyih”
After Yujin, Rei and Leeseo, personal videos of the remaining 3 members will be released one after another in the coming days. By December 1, I’VE will officially debut with their first single album titled “Eleven”.