The interesting interaction between BTS’s V and SNSD’s Yoona at a 2018 music festival draws attention again.
Year-end music festivals are the opportunity for fans to see members of different idol groups gather and interact with each other. At the 2018 MBC Gayo Daejejeon, fans noticed the moment BTS’s Jimin and V talked and whispered something to MC Yoona (SNSD).
Specifically, when the show was ending, idols born in the year of the Pig (1995) were asked to speak one by one to celebrate the new year of 2019 – the year of the Pig. When there were only 2 minutes left until 0:00 of January 1, 2019, VIXX members wrapped up the ending ment and everyone was getting ready to countdown to the new year. However, Jimin, who was standing behind Yoona, told his senior that there was still one more idol born in 1995 that has not spoken yet.
Yoona then turned around to confirm with V the name of this 1995-born male idol. The male idol in question is Joshua (SEVENTEEN). He was very happy when his name was called to give a short ment. Joshua also thanked Jimin when he came forward. Because it was a live broadcast, under a lot of time pressure, Yoona still decided to ask Joshua to speak before the New Year countdown, showing her flexibility and professionalism as an MC.
This is a situation that arose out of the script, so fans appreciate the kindness and sophistication of the 2 members of BTS:
- Jimin and V are really sweet
- Imagine how Joshua would have felt if his name was not called.
- V seems to be the one who told Jimin.
- Now that SEVENTEEN and BTS are under the same label, this moment gets even cuter.
- Yoona is an amazing MC, she is decisive and can handle these kinds of situations quickly.
- I was curious what Yoona and V said to each other. So cute.