Rain faced the black ocean treatment at KCON LA 2023.
Upon learning that Rain would perform at KCON LA 2023 on August 20th, international fans coordinated to create a Black Ocean during the singer’s performance. As observed by the audience, when Rain performed, many turned off their lightsticks. The audience also refrained from cheering or singing along.
After the announcement on July 4th that four members of Ciipher left the group, the public consistently criticized Rain’s management of his company. Groups trained by Rain all ended up with a similar fate, while he focuses on his solo career.
Comments from Knetizens:
- Truly deserved
- Keita’s popularity among international fans was growing; this Ciipher issue happened not long ago… Negative reactions are expected
- Fans of that group will surely be greatly disappointed… I’m even feeling annoyed about it
- Rain’s old album used to have a VIP Thanks To section after the regular Thanks To, to acknowledge those in CJ too ㅋㅋㅋ (*In the 2010 album ‘Back To The Basic’ by Rain, there was a section thanking the chairman and vice chairman of CJ…)
- I can understand the reason… Besides lacking ability, he also lacks responsibility
- ‘Why does he keep taking off his shirt'<-ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- I think this is karma. If you start producing a music group, you should take responsibility to the end
- Why invite Rain to KCON in the first place ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It’s even more laughable
- KCON’s side isn’t very sensitive either. It’s true that CJ and Rain have a good relationship, but it’s somewhat inappropriate. It’s already 2023, not 2013 anymore. Having Rain perform at a joint concert is a failure
- Moreover, he’s already too old compared to current Kpop fans… Even in Korea