Kim Yoo Jung’s ‘Hong Chun Gi’ has an impressive opening.
On the evening of August 30, episode 1 of the historical drama ‘Hong Chun Gi‘ with the participation of Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop aired the first episode. Episode 1 is the childhood story of the male and female lead, so the Kim – Ahn couple has not had the opportunity to appear, but the film still achieved impressive achievements. Specifically, the rating of episode 1 reached 6.6% – a really positive number, even at the highest point the number was up to 9.4%. With this achievement, ‘Hong Chun Gi’ became the movie with the highest rating of all movies shown in the same time frame on the evening of August 30.
On social media, the viewers have left many compliments for the drama’s 1st episode and expressed their anticipation for the main couple.
- Wow, the ratings are nice, the highest among the broadcasting stations
- This drama has such good actors, the two child actors resemble the two leads. I’ve noticed that since I watched the trailer. The ratings are very positive
- The 1st episode is so fun even though Yoo Jung hasn’t appeared yet, the two child actors are really good at acting
- I was looking forward to seeing Kim Yoo Jung but still need to wait for another episode but the drama is still good
- Emotional storyline, beautiful effects, great music. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a nice historical drama
- Such a good start, the color scheme of the drama makes me feel like I’m watching a movie, it’s excellent
Based on the novel of the same name by author Jung Eun Gwol, Hong Chun Gi is a historical fantasy melodrama set in the Joseon era. Kim Yoo Jung plays Hong Chun Gi, the only female painter of the Joseon Dynasty, who was born blind but miraculously regained her eyesight. Ahn Hyo Seop plays the role of a blind astrologer Ha Ram, who can read the stars despite having lost his eyesight.