Although someone has explained that Victoria and Wang Xiao Chen’s action is a very normal in China, a series of Korean netizens still expressed their concern.
After 4 months of leaving SM, Victoria recently updated a new post with content that shocked netizens. Specifically, an article posted by Chinese actress Wang Xiao Chen on her personal Weibo has attracted the attention both Chinese and Korean netizens. Victoria celebrated her birthday with Wang Xiao Chen. And as can be seen in the photo, both girls also cut the cake together.
The photo capturing the moment Victoria and Wang Xiao Chen had an intimate “lip-touching” action was very controversial. In addition, in both photos, Wang Xia Chen is holding Victoria’s hand intimately.
Along with the above two photos, Wang Xiao Chen also wrote on her Weibo: “The most perfect woman in my eyes, because she is very kind, outstanding, cute, hardworking and beautiful. .. Thank you for taking care of me and spending the day with me.”
The photo of Wang Xiao Chen and Victoria’s kiss quickly sparked a fierce controversy on the Korean social media. Some people think that this is “unusual”. In Korea, friends of the same sex, no matter how close they are, very rarely kissed on the lips like this, especially in public places.
On the contrary, many viewers explained that in China, girls showing affection to each other is very normal. Korean actors and singers often try to show their closeness in public places as a form of fan service for fans. A Korean netizen explained: “The two of them are currently filming a drama together, and that day is Wang Xiao Chen’s birthday. The two of them are very close, so it’s okay to just kiss like that”. Victoria and Wang Xiao Chen are currently co-starring in a Chinese TV series called “Dear Life”.
Netizens’ comments about Victoria and Wang Xiao Chen’s kiss:
- This is a common practice among many Chinese female stars, so don’t be afraid to try it.
- This is a common tactic used by top stars of China to please their fans.
- Victoria is not my favorite, but I find it strange that it’s said in some comments to be dirty …
- I have been in girls’ schools my whole life, but I’ve never seen anything like it.
- I can’t imagine sharing a kiss with a friend.
- It’s a cultural difference.
- I never kiss my friends.. It’s their culture.
- It is common in China for two female stars of the same gender to kiss at an awards ceremony.