Singer Jo Yu Ri’s dance challenge video featuring The Boyz Hyunjae and Q drew attention.
Jo Yu Ri recently posted a dance challenge video with The Boyz member Hyunjae and Q. However, a netizen pointed out that some fans expressed disappointment as they are against The Boyz doing challenges with female idols.
Some of the comments are “Male idols create romantic chemistry with fans so avoid the challenge”, “Reasons The Boyz shouldn’t do challenges with girls: 1. Unnecessary attraction 2. Song promotion? Not effective at all. Fans don’t watch it again and The Boyz will only lose fans”, “Sh*t you guys filmed (challenges) with a female idol yesterday?”, “This is driving me crazy”, “Ah… What are you doing?”, “The first person to do the challenge is a girl? Are you kidding me?”, etc.
Original post: Nate Pann
In response, netizens on Nate Pann commented:
– Jo Yu Ri is not like those girly idols, but you guys are still bashing her?
– People are making up stories again. If you go to Jo Yu Ri’s TikTok account, everyone in the comment section likes The Boyzㅋㅋㅋ No one talks badly about Jo Yu Ri. Let’s stop talking about this issue
– There are no negative comments about female idols in the comments but some people are creating ridiculous stories againㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
– It’s not like fans were terrorizing Jo Yu Ri with malicious comments; they were just expressing frustration toward The Boyz because of their fangirl illusion. They’re not insulting the artist. Many even compliment her
– This is not a malicious comment attack. I guess they are just kidding
– Jo Yu Ri is not even a female idol, why are you mad at her?