Considering the case of the former IZ*ONE member, many people think that idols should not participate in shows for professional dancers like Street Woman/Man Fighter.
In August 2021, Mnet launched a survival reality show for dancers called “Street Woman Fighter“, bringing together 8 top Korean girl dance groups. The show created a craze in Korea, helping the dancers in the show receive a lot of love from the audience. The female dancers then constantly receive invitations to appear on entertainment programs and perform at prestigious year-end awards. The spin-off “Street Dance Girls Fighter” that ended this week also received an equally positive response.
Following the success of season 1, Mnet quickly planned to make season 2 for male dancers. On January 5, Mnet released a teaser for the male version of the show called “Street Man Fighter“, and announced the expected broadcast time to be this summer.
CP Kwon Young Chan and PD Choi Jung Nam will return in season 2 of this hit dance survival show, according to exclusive news from the Korea Herald. According to the Korea Herald, the show should have begun production and aired sooner, but “Street Man Fighter” is now encountering casting problems, forcing the crew to postpone the production.
Notably, some rumors circulating on online forums in Korea are currently claiming that there are quite a few male idols who plan to appear on “Street Man Fighter“. So far, there is no confirmed information about the contestants. However, the fact that Kpop idols may appear and compete directly with professional dancers in a dance program like “Street Man Fighter” is currently causing Korean netizens and Kpop fans to feel worried.
In fact, the appearance of Lee Chaeyeon (a former member of IZ*ONE) in “Street Woman Fighter” sparked a lot of controversy. Many people had hoped Lee Chaeyeon would demonstrate her talent because she was one of the most well-known dancers in the idol world. However, as the competition progressed, the disparity in ability between her and professional dancers became increasingly obvious, tarnishing her reputation as “a good idol dancer.”
Recalling Lee Chaeyeon‘s journey on “Street Woman Fighter“, netizens and Kpop fans are now saying that they don’t want their bias to join “Street Man Fighter“. On the other hand, netizens still expect some idols with excellent dancing skills like Shotaro (NCT) to participate in this show. However, Kpop fans don’t seem to want this to really happen.
- Wow you really think they would go…? Even for people who are already good dancers like Chaeyeon, they went for nothing. I don’t think any idol can compare with dancers
- Personally, I feel like any idol would only get sworn at if they appear and they’ll only get hurtㅠㅠ There are lots of people who are experienced in the street style, of course idols who have to practice in singing and dancing won’t be able to compare… Their mental will be shattered during battles
- If Lee Taeyong appears, it would be legendary
- Shotaro in his former dancer years appeared, he should be fine
- Huh really? I thought everyone would be avoiding it;; Male dancers are more into technique than female dancers, so if you had an idol come out, they’ll definitely get more hated than Lee Chaeyeon
- I feel like Oneus’ Hwang Woong-ssi could do it..
- Lee Chaeyeon didn’t go because she personally wanted to go. She even said that she refused several times. I bet it’ll be the same for male idols where they’ll be forced to go no?
- What about Noh Taehyun..? He was so good at krumping during Produce, I still remember it
- It’ll be interesting to see Shotaro appear
- I hope Shotaro appears.. I’m seriously curious about him