China wants to produce a remake of the drama “W”, starring Lee Jong-suk, but netizens criticize even the original version.
Korean films and dramas are becoming more and more famous. Korea has produced many hit series that even created huge sensations around the world. This is the reason why many “neighbor” countries, such as Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, and especially China, have produced remake versions of popular K-dramas.
Accordingly, this project is planned to begin in August and its filming is expected to last for only 15 days. However, other information, such as director, cast, producer, etc., has not been revealed.
Lee Jong-suk has a huge fandom in China. That’s why all the news about this handsome actor always makes headlines.
However, Internet users’ reactions to the remake of “W: Two Worlds” were not as enthusiastic as expected. Some people are expressing their worries about the production team, while others are complaining that this drama has a good opening but the development from the second half of the story is boring.
In addition, China has barely achieved success with their remakes from other countries’ dramas. This project being filmed in only 15 days has caused major doubts about its quality.
Netizens showed negative reactions to the remake of “W: Two Worlds”:
- “W” is not even a good drama. The beginning was fun but it got worse towards the end. Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo’s chemistry is somehow even better behind the scenes than on-screen.
- But if the remake could improve the original script, it would be nice. If the story is better and the casting is good, I’ll check it out.
- “W: Two Worlds” was only popular because of Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo. The writing has many flaws.
- The Korean version is not that great but it took months to finish filming. Are you telling me the remake only needs 15 days? Is this a joke?
- The original’s plot is already messy. I don’t have any faith in the remake.
Doing a remake is no easy job. The production crew needs to find the right actors, adjust the script, and buy the copyright. If these requirements are not met, it will be difficult for the remake to gain success. However, the news of “W: Two Worlds” getting a remake is yet to be confirmed. It is still uncertain if this project will proceed or not.