Korean netizens even feel ashamed for NCT in this embarrassing situation.
Recently, SM issued a notice providing the rules that fans need to comply with when attending NCT 127‘s upcoming concert at Gocheok Sky Dome. As previously reported, NCT 127 will perform for 3 consecutive days from December 17 to 19, becoming the first artist to hold an offline concert at Gocheok Sky Dome after the pandemic. However, what draws attention of netizens the most is a paragraph in the notice that says: “The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will also closely monitor what happens (at the concert) because many spectators did not follow the safety rules at recent offline events. We ask those who come to watch the show to strictly follow the procedures to ensure safety.”
Earlier this month, NCT fans became the focus of fierce criticism after photos and videos were spread showing their disrespectful behaviors when attending a joint offline concert. For this reason, NCT has now made history in an undesired way as they become the first boy group whose fandom is being openly monitored by the Korean government. This made Korean netizens even feel embarrassed for the group.
- “So embarrassing…”
- “Imagine how nervous the members must be when they are closely monitored by the government because of their mannerless fans”
- “This fandom is more popular than the group”
- “The Ministry of Culture did a great job ^^ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Due to the fans, NCT is now writing a new history for boy groups of our country”
- “They have no shameㅋㅋ”
“The Ministry of Culture is closely monitoring us!! It’s so funny~~!! Who is more dangerous between drunks on the street with no masks on, and fangirls who wear masks, can’t even scream and only clap!!! They almost made me say that but I’m holding back. I almost said it”
- “Back then, H.O.T fans were only supervised by the Seoul Department of Education, but now NCT fans are monitored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ NCTzens are unrivaled ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Insane… This has never happened before, right? So NCT is the first case”
- “I wonder what NCT members think? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Because of their fans, they suddenly became the first boygroup to be monitored by the government ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “In a sense, this fandom is truly one-of-a-kind in Kpop history ㅋㅋㅋ”