Youngest Kpop girl group? Age range from 7 years old to 12 years-old
Netizens show mixed reactions at the appearance of a new Kpop girl group with members as young as 7 years old.
Recently, a new girl group called “chocofive” have published several cover videos of hit songs such as LE SSERAFIM’s “ANTIFRAGILE”, NewJeans’ “Hybe Boy”, IVE’s “After LIKE”, and (G)I-DLE’s “TOMBOY”, drawing massive attention.
It is known that chocofive consists of 7 members from the age of 7 to 12, including Jung Hyein, Kim Gabin, Shin Hyunseo, Lee Taein, Jeon Jeonhee, Shin Siwoo and Kim Jisoo. The girl group made their debut in April 2022 with a single, and are currently looking for a 2nd generation lineup.
In addition, chocofive also performs at charity events, which aims to raise funds for the homeless, provide free meals for people in need, and prevent school violence. The group is also set to make a comeback with a new single album on March 30th, according to the producers.
On the other hand, chocofive is gaining a lot of mixed attention from netizens, who think that the members are too young to debut.
Below are some comments from netizens:
- I’d feel fine if they are just doing dance covers for fun, but debuting as a girl group member at the age of 7 is too much…
- Don’t they only have occasional activities? If that’s true, it’s okay
- They are way too young… To have to perform schedules, wear makeup, maybe even diet at their age… it will surely hinder their growth
- We really need a law to ban literal children from debuting…
- As long as these girls truly enjoy what they are doing, I see no need to complain.