Song Hye Kyo may lose to Park Eun Bin for Baeksang’s Best Actress?
After the release of “The Glory” Part 2, viewers immediately showered Song Hye Kyo in praise for her impressive acting performance. In fact, many even firmly believe that Song Hye Kyo will be nominated for Best Actress at the 59th Baeksang Arts Awards, which will be held in the first half of 2023. However, it is also pointed out that Song Hye Kyo may not become the winner, seeing that she faces a strong contender in actress Park Eun Bin.
In particular, Park Eun Bin became a K-drama sensation, after starring as the female lead of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”. Portraying a genius lawyer with autism spectrum, the actress swept through various awards ceremonies, and is a certain nominee for Baeksang’s Best Actress. In fact, Park Eun Bin did such a spectacular job in “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”, than many believe that she should be honored with the Grand Prize Daesang – the most prestigious awards of all.
Of course, there is no telling whether Song Hye Kyo, Park Eun Bin, or another actress will be named Best Actress at Baeksang just yet, but this doesn’t stop netizens from discussing.
The debate of who will win Baeksang Best Actress between Song Hye Kyo and Park Eun Bin has even sparked a huge debate on the Korean forum theqoo. As of the moment, most agree that Park Eun Bin is having the upper hand, but some have countered that Song Hye Kyo also posed a fair chance.
Below are some comments from netizens:
- Park Eun Bin’s character is more complicated, so I believe she is the winner
- Park Eun Bin can probably play Moon Dong Eun, but I don’t think Song Hye Kyo can play Woo Young Woo
- If Song Hye Kyo wins Best Actress, then Park Eun Bin should win the Daesang
- Personally, I think both of them have done an extremely great job, but Park Eun Bin is the spotlight of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”, while the entire cast lineup of “The Glory” contribute to its success
- I like “The Glory” way better, and it was Song Hye Kyo’s drastic acting transformation, so my vote goes to hear