What do you think of Kim Hee Sun’s look in scenes of her character’s past in “Tomorrow”?
Recently, viewers of MBC’s ongoing drama “Tomorrow” entered a debate about the love line between the duo of Grim Reapers, Joong Gil (Lee Soo Hyuk) and Goo Ryun (Kim Hee Sun). The relationship between Joong Gil and Goo Ryun piques much curiosity because few expected the female lead and second male lead to have a love line in a dark fantasy drama like “Tomorrow”.
In the comments about “Tomorrow” on Naver Talk, although most viewers root for Joong Gil and Goo Ryun, there are still some who claim they don’t really see the chemistry between Kim Hee Sun and Lee Soo Hyuk because of the 11-year age gap. In particular, they are said to not give off vibes of a couple in past scenes set against the Joseon Dynasty because the historical styling makes Goo Ryun look noticeably older than Joong Gil.
In episode 8 of “Tomorrow”, it is revealed that Goo Ryun and Joong Gil have a connection that goes way back, but for some reason, Joong Gil has lost all the memories of his previous life and only Goo Ryun remembers what happened between them.
- I forgot that Kim Hee Sun is 11 years older than Lee Soo Hyuk
- Goo Ryun suits pink hair the most.
- Kim Hee Sun looks much younger than her actual age with short pink hair. The historical styling makes her look older.
- I like their chemistry but only in the modern setting
- I’m sorry but Goo Ryun looks like Joong Gil’s mother in the Joseon era scenes.
“Tomorrrow” airs on MBC every Friday and Saturday.