The difference in the singing ability between IVE and aespa has once again become a hot topic.
After their disaster encore stage, IVE became a talentless girl group in the eyes of some netizens. IVE‘s fandom often explains that the group’s live vocals are weak because they have to focus on the choreography. But even when standing still, the Starship rookie isn’t getting any better. The group was once criticized for lip syncing even their encore performance.
aespa is also criticized for lip syncing their songs, so it’s hard for netizens not to compare these two groups. Although aespa rarely sings live on while performing, the group is recognized as the girl group with the strongest vocals in the 4th generation, unlike IVE.
The main reason for this “bias” opinion is that aespa always sings the encore performances very well. In addition, the group shows off their 100% real and strong vocals in the behind-the-scenes videos of them recording their new song.
Not long ago, the SM rookie became a hot topic on social media by performing the remake song “Dreams Come True” perfectly in the studio without even frowning on the high note.
Because aespa once made such a strong impression through such a behind-the-scenes video, IVE accidentally became the target of netizens’ attacks as the group also revealed the recording process for the song “ELEVEN.”
Netizens think that through this recording video, IVE only revealed their vocal weaknesses, particularly the flat and breathless voice of the members.
Many netizens claim they find it tiring looking at Yujin as she tried so hard to hit the high note that her face was grimacing. Wonyoung seems to be busy… posing in front of the camera, so she sounds out of breath, mumbling, and her voice is not heard clearly in some parts. On the contrary, the main vocalist Liz receives praise thanks to her pretty vocal color. Japanese member Rei also impresses netizens with her powerful voice and neat pronunciation.
Although IVE’s live vocals are better in the recording studio compared to their encore performances, vocal wise, the group can not compare with aespa because IVE frowned too much while aespa members hit high notes so effortlessly as aespa.
- Liz did a good job, but is no one paying attention to her?
- Rei sings well, she has a powerful voice.
- Every member focused on recording while Wonyoung was recording and acting at the same time…
- They look like they are having such a hard time hitting the high notes…
- Those who often watch SM groups’ recording videos will find this disappointing. SM vocalists are on another level, the comparison is unnecessary.
- I feel like SM idols hit the high notes so effortlessly and uncomfortably, watching IVE frowning only makes me tired!
- It seems that the more IVE tries to show off their vocals, the more flaws they show.
- Gaeul has very few singing lines to sing, only one repeated line
- IVE fans always say IVE is better than aespa. But isn’t the gap in the two groups’ skills so obvious?