After Jang Won Young and Leeseo faced criticism for lip-syncing at the 2022 MBC Gayo Daejeon, KBS covered the situation in a negative light.
On January 5th, the official YouTube channel of KBS broadcasting station, “KBS News”, published a video which summarized the latest and most attention grabbing Kpop news. Among those, the first issue reported by KBS was Jang Won Young and Leeseo’s cover of IU’s “Strawberry Moon” at the 2022 MBC Gayo Daejeon.
In particular, the broadcasting station mentioned how the two IVE members were criticized for lip-syncing even while sitting down, and cited various condemning comments from netizens. They also put Jang Won Young and Leeseo on the video’s thumbnail, coupled with the phrase, “Are they really singers?”
As Jang Won Young is the official MC of the KBS program “Music Bank”, many people are questioning this move of KBS.
On the other hand, a lot of comments agree with the comments made and cited by KBS, and expressed their disappointment in the performance.
Below are some comments from netizens:
- Should you really report this with Jang Won Young as a “Music Bank” MC?
- If they are only performing without singer, we shouldn’t call them singer
- I would understand if they lip-synced while dancing, but Jang Won Young and IVE were sitting all along…
- No, wasn’t that thumbnail a bit too much?
- KBS was only pointing out what is wrong, why do people seem to take issue with this?
- That’s why it’s not fair that people who are really good at singing can’t stand on stage
Source: KBS News