Netizens are impressed with the latest trailer of Netflix’s The Silent Sea, starring Bae Doo Na and Gong Yoo.
The Silent Sea – a sci-fi thriller starring Bae Doo Na and Gong Yoo is attracting much attention. Recently, Netflix dropped the series’ official trailer, surprising the audience with quality visual effects and teasing an engrossing storyline.
The Silent Sea is set in a future where essential resources, including water, are depleted as Earth has become desertified. The Korean Space Agency sends a special team to an abandoned research facility on the Moon on a mission to find answers to human existence.
However, the spacecraft encounters a problem, leading the team to be stuck on the Moon. They discover corpses of unknown cause and unidentified origin. Appearance of a mysterious creature and the occurrence of strange events cause the team to struggle to survive.
In the drama, Bae Doo Na plays the space biologist Song Ji An. Gong Yoo takes on the role of team captain Han Yun Jae. The remaining characters include chief engineer Ryu Tae Seok (Lee Jun), doctor Hong Dak (Kim Seon Young), security team leader Gong Su Hyeok (Lee Moo Saeng) and spacecraft pilot Kim Sun (Lee Seong Wook).
Some comments from netizens:
- I can’t believe our country could produce a series of this genre.
- The CG quality is impressive.
- The series will be a great success.
- The era where we can watch Korean-made sci-fi shows has arrived. I’m so happy.
- I like watching shows about people getting stuck in space and chased by aliens. I’m looking forward to The Silent Sea.
- Gong Yoo looks so cool
The Silent Sea is available on Netflix on December 24.