The results of the 2021 Brand Of The Year Award are causing controversies, especially in the category that Cha Eun Woo won.
On the morning of August 19, the Korean Consumer Forum announced the official winners of the annual award ceremony – 2021 Brand Of The Year Award, in which the categories related to dramas and actors have gained the most attention.
Specifically, the awards in the acting categories are as follows:
- Rookie actor/actress: Kim Young Dae/ Han Ji Hyun
- Best Couple: Kim Won Ho and Shim Jin Hwa (JTBC’s Don’t Be The First One)
- Comedian (Male/Female) of the Year: Kim Hae Joon/ Lee Eun Ji
- Idol Actor/Actress of the Year: Cha Eun Woo (ASTRO)/ Bona (WJSN)
- Drama of the Year: Vincenzo
- Actor/Actress of the Year: Song Joong Ki/ Yoon Yeo Jung
- Rising Star Actor/Actress: Lee Do Hyun/ Hyeri
Brand Of The Year Award is an award that recognizes the most deserving representatives through an annual online vote by the public. This year, thanks to the popularity of Penthouse, True Beauty, Youth Of May and Vincenzo, actors and actresses such as Kim Young Dae, Han Ji Hyun, Cha Eun Woo, Song Joong Ki, and Lee Do Hyun all received awards. However, this result has sparked controversy, especially with the award given to Cha Eun Woo. Many netizens claim that the male idol’s acting is stiff and awkward, not worthy of the award. However, there are also people who believe that this is an award based on fan votes, so whoever has the most fans wins.
Here are some viewers’ comments:
– Cha Eun Woo’s acting is bad. How could he win Idol Actor of the Year, it would have made more sense if it were a Popularity Award.
– He only got the award because of his face. I’m at a loss for words.
– I know this award is voted by fans, but shouldn’t the council interfere a bit? Cha Eun Woo, Kim Young Dae winning makes no sense.
– Only Lee Do Hyun and Han Ji Hyun are deserving, they’re both good at acting
– Stop criticizing. Why are you acting like directors, screenwriters and viewers don’t know anything?