On November 17th (KST), BTS Jimin’s new MV, “Set Me Free Pt.2”, was officially released, kick-starting the male idol’s solo promotion and drawing the attention of a large number of fans.
“Set Me Free Pt.2” is a hip-hop song with a strong melody, which conveys the spirit of moving forward and letting go of painful and empty emotions. The song paves the way for Jimin’s solo album “Face”, along with its title track “Like Crazy”, which is set to be released on March 24th.
Through this solo MV, Jimin has delivered an extremely spectacular and fierce performance, delivering powerful choreography, cool expressions, and impressive and artistic scenes.
In addition, the BTS member’s styling and fashion have been praised for being extremely suitable for the music concept of this solo release. Particularly, the scene where Jimin shows off his stunning body, painted with an artful poem, has excited the majority of his fans.
Impressive as “Set Me Free Pt.2” has been, however, Jimin is receiving mixed opinions about his vocals in the song. Specifically, some netizens complained about the male idol’s voice being thin, with some even calling his high notes “piercing to the ears”. In addition, the use of autotune is considered excessive by others, who were disappointed that they couldn’t hear Jimin’s real vocals.
Below are several comments from netizens:
- I love the MV and the choreography, Jimin totally nailed it. But his high notes feel piercing and rather unpleasant
- It has been a while since I last saw Jimin dance like this. I was blown away by his intense charisma.
- Why does his voice sound so strange? Is it because of the excessive autotune? I would like to hear his real vocals
- Complain all you want but I think the use of autotune is suitable for this song. Moreover, Jimin is truly a top dancer, this is worth the wait
- Jimin’s voice seems a little bit thin, so I wonder how it will sound like during the live performance