Once again, BLACKPINK did nothing but still got criticized by netizens.
Not long ago, Chinese netizens caused controversy when claiming that hanbok is China’s traditional costume. This unreasonable behavior made Koreans angry, causing an online war between Internet users from Korea and China. In addition, the fact that the Chinese team won against the Korean team at the 2021 Beijing Winter Olympics has intensified the conflict between these two countries.
Known as top idols who have great influence, BTS RM – Suga, SNSD Hyoyeon also showed their appreciation and support for Korean athletes and culture through SNS posts. Because of this, Chinese netizens were frustrated and they came to the idols’ accounts to bombard them with malicious comments.
KPOP idols have always tried to introduce and promote the traditional costume (Hanbok) of their country to fans all around the world, leaving a great impression on not only KPOP fans but also global music listeners. Known to be one of the most influential KPOP idols, BLACKPINK was also expected to join the promotion of Hanbok and show support for the country amidst such controversies related to the Olympics and Korean culture. However, BLACKPINK decided to stay silent, causing netizens’ rage.
Some K-netizens’ comments:
- I hope BLACKPINK members could also wear Hanbok and deliver the New Year greeting… This is so disappointing since they don’t even care about the Hanbok issue.
- They are too busy working as models
- Models should wear costumes from luxury brands. They don’t have time to care about Hanbok
- They have never shown any support to the country
- BLACKPINK has great influence but not for this
However, this time, the antifans were wrong. As globally famous idols, BLACKPINK not only wore Hanbok at the end of the year but also wore traditional costumes in an MV and on American TV shows as a way to promote Korean culture. The 4 girls also worked hard to innovate Hanbok to make this costume even more gorgeous, attractive, and beautiful, but without losing its inherent solemnity.
At this time, BLACKPINK has almost no activities at all. Therefore, it is completely baseless for antifans to “bash” the group for this reason.
- BLACKPINK didn’t even do Vlive on their anniversary. They can post whatever they want.
- They promote the song with Hanbok outfits. It’s more meaningful than taking pictures wearing Hanbok and posting them on New Year’s Eve.
- BLACKPINK used to wear Hanbok in How You Like That and that MV received more than 1 billion views on Youtube. They have been very active in promoting Korean culture.
- They’ve shown photos of them wearing Hanbok before. Even Lisa, who is Thai, is excited to wear a Hanbok!
- Why do they have to wear Hanbok at this time?