Top idol groups like BTS, BLACKPINK, TWICE have all confirmed to not show up at this year’s MAMA.
This year’s year-end awards ceremonies are taking place one by one and the 2021 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA 2021) is one of the most anticipated events. However, following underwhelming artist lineups of the 2021 Asia Artist Awards or Melon Music Awards, the upcoming MAMA will also not feature top idol groups such as BTS, TWICE or BLACKPINK.
Earlier today (December 6), MAMA 2021 confirmed the final lineup, including: aespa, NCT 127, NCT Dream, NCT U, TXT, ATEEZ, Brave Girls, ITZY, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, INI, Jannabi, 8 dance crews from Street Woman Fighter, Ed Sheeran, JO1. Besides, host Lee Hyo Ri will also have a performance and Wanna One’s reunion is a special highlight.
It can be seen that the appeal of MAMA has decreased significantly when popular names like BTS, TWICE, SEVENTEEN, and Red Velvet will not attend. BLACKPINK was expected to participate when YG called for votes for Lisa and Rosé, but in the end, the group will not participate. Ke1per also canceled their schedule at the last minute due to a staff member infected with COVID-19.
- YG called for votes but in the end BLACKPINK still won’t attend
- MAMA in previous years was like a Kpop fan’s festival. But this year…
- The most boring MAMA line-up in the past 10 years.
- I see everyone looking forward to TWICE and BTS’s stages, what a pity…
- No BTS, TWICE, BLACKPINK, SEVENTEEN, Red Velvet, oh I’m crying.
- Anyway, I’m looking forward to ITZY and aespa’s collab stage
The MAMA 2021 awards ceremony will take place on December 11 with the concept Make Some Noise – embodying the message that everyone can come together, respect each other’s values without prejudice regardless of country, race, and generation through the power of music and K-pop.