Let’s take a look at the ranking of the most searched female Kpop idols in the US in the first half of 2021 based on Google’s data.
America has always been a market that idol groups want to enter in the process of K-pop’s globalization. The more popular K-pop idols are in the US, the bigger advantage they will get. Therefore, fans are always curious to know if their favorite idols are well-known in this market or not.
In fact, there are many factors and tools to assess the popularity of a Kpop idol, and Google search – the world’s most popular search system is one of the most valuable data sources. Recently, netizens have based on this data to filter out the top 20 most searched Kpop female idols on Google in the US.
#20: Jeongyeon (TWICE)
#19: Joy (Red Velvet)
#18: Yeri (Red Velvet)
#17: Seulgi (Red Velvet)
#16: Dahyun (TWICE)
#15: Chaeyoung (TWICE)
#14: Jihyo (TWICE)
#13: Taeyeon (SNSD)
#12: Nayeon – TWICE
#11: Ryujin (ITZY)
#10: Sana (TWICE)
#9: Momo – TWICE
#8: Jeon Somi
#7: Tzuyu (TWICE)
#6: Mina (TWICE)
#5: Irene (Red Velvet)
#4: Jisoo (BLACKPINK)
#3: Rosé (BLACKPINK)
#2: Lisa (BLACKPINK)
#1: Jennie (BLACKPINK)
Some comments from Knetz on the ranking:
– As expected from BLACKPINK, I knew they would top this ranking!!
– Ryujin is getting more and more popular!!
– Jennie is so cool!!
– Taeyeon is the only 2nd generation’s idol in the chart!
-Jeon Somi is really famous in America!
– BLACKPINK is indeed the most popular among female idols in the US!
– I think Irene has been searched more due to her scandal.
-Jeon Somi and Ryujin’s ranking surprised me, they’re so popular!!
– Irene must have been searched a lot because of her attitude scandal.
– I thought Lisa would come out on top!!
– Wow! Mina’s rank is the highest in TWICE.
What do you think about this ranking? Did your favorite idol enter the top 20? Please leave comments.