Many even compare with USUK artists to prove the lack of awareness of today’s Korean entertainment world.
A few days ago, Cha Eunwoo (ASTRO) became the focus of criticism from the Korean public after posting a series of photos at the end of the movie “True Beauty”. However, one of the photos that Cha Eun Woo shared on his personal page caused the crew in great trouble. The audience criticized the film crew for not complying with the regulations of social distance, gathering to take photos together but very few people wore masks.
Actually, Cha Eunwoo is not the only artist having trouble with the audience on this matter. The photos BLACKPINK took with the supporting dancers at the online concert also made the public extremely frustrated when taking photos without masks. These photos spark a series of controversies about why BLACKPINK is not being criticized as much as Cha Eunwoo, although basically, these two cases are not different.
Then, netizens on online forums in Korea pointed out a major problem in Korean entertainment activities: artists often take off masks while recording and performing. Many have even compared the case of USUK artists to the lack of awareness of Korean celebrities.
An annoyed netizen shared: “Self-employed people are banned from doing business, so they have to go through a very difficult time and eventually lose their jobs. I can’t attend the graduation ceremony and even college exams were delayed, even having to wear a KF94 mask for several hours made everyone extremely tired. But are those pictures so important? Why do artists take off their masks while recording and singing? Can’t you just wear a mask and join a variety show? They really have to show off their faces like that. So are the singers. On the contrary, if you design a beautiful mask, it can bring even more wonderful stages. Also, the actors should not use makeup as an excuse, but wear masks when not filming, please. Is makeup so important? ㅠㅠ I hope we all work together to bring this situation to an end quickly”
The aforementioned sharing has received a lot of agreement from a large number of netizens. Many people cannot understand why celebrities “pretend” like masks do not exist and constantly post on their personal pages photos without wearing masks in many different situations.
– No but I’m honestly asking why they aren’t getting fined for having more than 5 people gathering…?
– Every other place, the staffs are always taking pictures with their masks, this is quite weird
– Students can’t even attend their graduation because of COVIDㅠ So are celebrities above the government?
– Celebrities are above the law… They don’t wear masks on broadcast either, to be honest, what are celebrities even doing?
– Do you know why Ari and Gaga wear masks on stage but still exude their inherent charisma? Because they are confident in their own abilities, even if they wear masks, they won’t be affected. It feels like that ㅋㅋ
– Everyone just checks out the artists’ Instagram feed. It’s all the photos they took without wearing the masks. Is taking pictures so important that they have to take off their masks like that?