Many viewers are expressing their anger and displeasure with the latest developments in the drama “Doctor Cha.”
Popular K-drama “Doctor Cha” is wrapping up and approaching its final stages. However, despite earning a lot of love in initial episodes, the latest development in “Doctor Cha” got fans raging. In particular, in episode 14, the female lead Cha Jung Sook (Uhm Jung Hwa) unexpectedly coughed up blood. After being betrayed by her husband despite dedicating herself to taking care of the family, she is now also suffering from a serious illness.
In many Korean dramas, coughing up blood is often seen as a sign that the character is likely to pass away in the final episode. This has made viewers worried, saddened, and displeased with the writer for subjecting the character to so much suffering.
Below are some comments from netizens regarding episode 14:
- The writer must think the viewers’ hearts are made of stone.
- That’s it, I’m done with this drama. I won’t continue watching. I don’t see the point of suddenly adding such a detail
- She lived a good life, why did the writer make her go through so much misery from the beginning to near the end of the drama?
- Oh my goodness, why didn’t they let her husband suffer instead?
- I might just drop this drama. The female lead was living well, but she had to endure all sorts of bitterness.
On the other hand, “Doctor Cha” tells the story of Cha Jung Sook, who gave up her medical career to become a full-time stay-at-home mother for 20 years. One day, a series of events disrupts her life completely.
Not only does Cha Jung Sook suffer from a serious liver disease, but she also discovers her husband’s improper relationship with his ex-lover, as well as the fact that he has an illegitimate child.
After being fortunate enough to receive a liver transplant, Cha Jung Sook decides to start a new life by working at the hospital where her husband and son are employed.