Netizens were taken by surprise when aespa came to watch BLACKPINK’s recent concert
BLACKPINK recently finished their Born Pink World Tour with two finale shows at Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul. The concert saw a star-studded audience, including power couple Taeyang and Min Hyo Rin, BABYMONSTER, Irene, Seulgi from Red Velvet, Gong Hyojin, Bae Doona, and TWICE. However, it was aespa‘s presence in the crowd that particularly caught Korean netizens’ attention.
It’s not uncommon for idols to attend other idols’ concerts to show support. Members from the three 3rd gen top girl groups BLACKPINK, TWICE, and Red Velvet have exemplified their close friendships by doing this. However, since aespa is not known to be close to BLACKPINK, and since their debut, they have often been compared to BLACKPINK among their 3rd gen seniors, their attendance at BLACKPINK’s concert has surprised many.
Korean netizens left comments:
- “Wow, aespa attended this BLACKPINK concert. I didn’t know they were close, so it’s quite surprising.”
- “aespa just finished their US tour and immediately went to BLACKPINK’s concert in Korea. I’m really grateful for that. Only haters are trying to start a war. Thank you aespa for coming.”
- “I wish BLACKPINK and aespa took selcas together after the concert. But aespa’s stamina is incredible. They went on tour for over a month, flew for 30 hours straight, and arrived back in Korea in the morning. If it were me, I’d pass out.”
- “Haters are so annoying trying to pitch 2 groups against each other. I hope aespa had fun at the concert.”
- “aespa just went on a tour in the US for over a month, immediately attended BLACKPINK’s concert upon returning to Korea, and in a few days, they’ll perform at SM’s concert. Wow.”