Netizens angrily pointed out this ITZY member who caused so many controversies that affected the group’s activities negatively.
ITZY is one of the representative groups of KPOP’s 4th generation. Making their debut with “Dalla Dalla”, the girl group rapidly gained attention from music fans by revealing impressive performances, proving their unique music colors, and showing their potential to become a top KPOP girl group just like how their senior girl group TWICE did.
Unexpectedly, ITZY has faced many challenges on their way to success. Big scandals that happened throughout the past 3 years of the girl group’s career seem to have all related to the main vocalist Lia.
A user on Pann Nate recently expressed their frustration through a post saying that Lia is the hindrance to ITZY’s development during their group promotions. The OP (original poster) pointed out that Lia often got into trouble or caused scandals whenever ITZY received the opportunity to make a breakthrough. Due to those controversies, not only did Lia get criticized by netizens but other members were also affected.
In particular, OP mentioned the case of Lia being tested ‘positive’ to Covid-19 on the ITZY’s 3rd debut anniversary, which was February 12th. This caused the group to cancel the scheduled livestream broadcast for their debut anniversary. 2 days later, leader Yeji was also confirmed to have also been tested ‘positive’. Fans were not only sad because 2 out of 5 members were infected but also disappointed because ITZY couldn’t enjoy their 3rd debut anniversary with fans.
Moreover, Lia was also involved in several other controversies, such as being criticized for not dancing properly when doing a dance cover to “Roly Poly”, the hit song by their senior group T-ara at the 2020 SBS Gayo Daejun. While the other 4 ITZY girls perfectly reenacted T-ara’s fresh and energetic image in the past, Lia was harshly criticized for ruining the group performance due to her half-hearted dance. It is said that it was because of Lia that ITZY couldn’t impress the audiences with the cover stage as expected.
A few months later, when Yeji, Ryujin and Chaeryeong performed this cover again on Vlive, fans could see how good their dance was. OP finds it regrettable because this could have been a legendary cover performance of ITZY if it were not for Lia.
Finally, OP mentioned Lia’s school violence controversy in February 2021 that has not been cleared up. Although JYP has denied all rumors, determined to maintain their stance of siding with their artists by keeping Lia in group activities, netizens cannot help but lose interest in Lia after the scandal because up to this point, she has yet to be proved to be completely innocent or falsely accused.
In short, OP claimed Lia has been sabotaging ITZY’s image, hindering the group’s general activities because of her school violence controversy, poor dancing skills at joint stages and… getting infected with the virus. This seemingly one-sided accusation ends up receiving a high engagement on a Korean online community.
Surprisingly, quite a few netizens agreed with OP. They believe that Lia is one of ITZY’s biggest problems. ITZY has suffered a lot of unnecessary controversies because of her. However, she should not get criticized for being tested positive for the virus. It was only bad luck and something out of her control.
- This is true, I want Lia out of ITZY.
- What’s the matter with you? How come it is Lia’s fault she tested positive?
- I don’t like Lia. Her school bullying controversy is not settled yet. But she still continues her activities like nothing happened and ruins ITZY’s performances with her dance.
- No matter what anyone says, ITZY members still care about Lia.
- I agree with her other problems except the Covid-19 one. That’s not her fault
- What’s wrong with OP? No one wants to test positive. And the school bullying accusation is not confirmed either. A lot of Lia’s classmates said she was very kind at school.
- How could so many people agree with this post? It makes me sad…
- Since the members are really close, we don’t have the right to say this. But I still think Lia should have made a solo debut. ITZY’s music doesn’t suit her, that’s why she comes under controversy all the time. The talents of other members inadvertently make Lia’s flaws more obvious. I feel sorry for her.