Among different girl groups ranging from the 1st to 4th generation, TWICE gets the most votes when it comes to visuals.
From the veteran idols of the first generation to the current rookie idols, Kpop has seen the debuts of many girl groups whose members all stand out for their pretty appearances. Korean netizens often call these “eye-candy” lineups “girl groups without visual holes” because none of the members have ever been under controversy or sparked mixed reactions to their visuals.
With the constant appearance of such visually pleasing girl groups, it is undoubtedly difficult to select the prettiest groups of each generation, and choosing only one group with the all-time best average visual seems like an impossible thing to do. Recently, under a discussion titled “Which girl group do you think has the best average visual across all generations of female idols?”, Korean netizens had a hard time coming up with just one name. The 3 girl groups nominated in the original post include:
Fin.K.L (debuted in 1998)
TWICE (debuted in 2015)
BLACKPINK (debuted in 2016)
Besides these 3 groups, many other girl groups such as SES, Girls’ Generation, KARA, f(x), T-ara, Girl’s Day,… are also mentioned by numerous Korean netizens in more than 1,300 comments. It is quite surprising that although Red Velvet has received much praise since their debut for having a 5-member lineup that is equally pretty, the SM’s group is barely mentioned in this discussion. Moreover, the “all-visual rookie” STAYC is also the only candidate of the 4th generation that constantly appears in the comments.
It is easy to notice that TWICE gets the most votes from Korean netizens when it comes to the female group with the most outstanding average visual in history. This comes as no surprise because TWICE’s visuals are unarguably one of their biggest charms. Even the most difficult netizens have to admit that all 9 members of the JYP girl group are pretty in a unique way.
- “TWICE. Every time I look at them, I immediately think of the phrase “a pretty girl standing next to a pretty girl standing next to another pretty girl””
- “For me, it’s TWICE and STAYC”
- “I’m thinking of f(x) ㅋㅋㅋㅋ But there are a lot of pretty groups”
- “BLACKPINK really doesn’t have any visual holes”
- “Girl’s Day and T-ara. Or recently IZ*ONE”
- “TWICE and BLACKPINK. But if I had to choose just one, it gotta be TWICE, I still find it amazing that JYP was able to bring together 9 members with such unique beauty ㅇㅇ STAYC members are all pretty too”
- “Fin.K.L. Just having Sung Yuri and Lee Hyori in the same group is enough for them to become all-time legends when it comes to visuals. If it’s the 2nd generation, then it’s KARA”
- “When it comes to this question, no one can beat TWICE. All 9 members are beautiful and no one gives off the same vibes, but when they are in one place, they still look harmonious”
- “Talking about visual balance, TWICE is No.1 for sure but each BLACKPINK member is also pretty and charming in their own way”
- “TWICE. They have many members but all of them are all pretty. I still don’t know where JYP could find all these pretty girls and make them debut in the same group”
- “I thought of SNSD but overall, perhaps TWICE is more suitable for this title. It’s amazing how TWICE is a crowded group but not a single one of them has sparked controversy over their visuals. Each member is pretty in a different way, but when standing together, they don’t overshadow one another or anything. Their visuals compliment each other well.”
- “My pick is TWICE too. Fin.KL individually are all very beautiful but when standing next to each other, sometimes it feels like they don’t match at all. Meanwhile, TWICE’s visuals have harmony and balance”
- “Many current fans may not know them now but Girl’s Day used to be very popular because all 4 members are equally pretty”
- “Am I the only one who thinks of IZ*ONE? Maybe because the lineup was manipulated, their visuals are solid. Every member looks eye-catching. There are also f(x) and STAYC”
- “TWICE and STAYC. TWICE has the most members, but not a single one of them is ever criticized when it comes to visuals. Watching TWICE’s MV or stages is just eye-candy ㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
How about you? Which girl group do you think has the best average visual in Kpop of all time?