IVE’s true live singing: huge improvements but Jang Wonyoung needs to sing more?
A video clip revealing IVE’s true live singing voice has become a hot topic of discussion among netizens.
Although IVE has achieved impressive accomplishments and is becoming one of the top 4th generation girl groups, their live singing abilities have received mixed opinions. Notably, IVE has been suspected of lip-syncing several times, with vocal flaws exposed during the group’s performances.
Recently, an MR Removed version (background music removed, only featuring the artist’s true live singing) of the group’s performance for their b-side track, “Kitsch”, has drawn attention.
The focal point of the clip is Jang Wonyoung, IVE’s hottest member, whose part appears to be lip-synced without any actual singing being heard. Notably, this is not the first time Wonyoung has been criticized for not singing, despite showing impressive vocal improvements in stages where she actually sings live.
As a result, although Jang Wonyoung is an overall great performer, netizens feel disappointed about her reliance on pre-recorded back-track.
In contrast to Wonyoung, Ahn Yujin, Liz, and Leeseo have received compliments from netizens for their stable live singing. In particular, Liz and Yujin have been known for having better vocals, while Leeseo surprises everyone with her clear progress, despite not being the main vocalist.
Below are some comments from netizens:
- Wonyoung had improved in previous stages, but it’s a little disappointing that she’s not singing much…
- Leeseo is improving day by day, her progress is truly impressive
- I just wish we can hear Wonyoung’s real voice more often
- I love Liz’s voice so much, but I’m most surprised by Leeseo’s progress.
- If IVE works hard on improving their singing, they’ll be on top. They have hits, fans, album sales, and stage presence already, they only need to flesh out their vocals