NingNing’s fans also complain as the female idol is not included in the project girl group GOT The Beat despite being aespa’s main vocal.
Line distribution is a never ending topic of debate among fandoms of Kpop idol groups. Recently, fans of aespa’s NingNing have voiced their complaints about the female idol’s singing lines. Despite being aespa’s main vocal, it seems that NingNing is not the most pushed member of the group in terms of vocals.
In aespa’s songs, NingNing is only given the most lines in the debut track Black Mamba. In the following songs, from Forever, Next Level, Savage and most recently Dreams Come True, NingNing never ranks 1st in the line distribution. In Next Level, instead of NingNing, it is lead vocalist Winter who gets to be in charge of the high note.
Moreover, in the project girl group GOT The Beat that brings together SM’s top female vocalists, NingNing‘s fans are disappointed when SM selects Winter instead of aespa’s maknae. While Karina joins the dance line with Seulgi, Hyoyeon, fans question NingNing’s absence from the lineup of GOT The Beat even though she is a main vocalist like Taeyeon and Wendy.
Fans claim SM is being biased towards Winter, while discriminating against NingNing because she is Chinese. NingNing is an acknowledged main vocal, but is constantly overshadowed by Winter. In terms of vocal skills and techniques, NingNing gets appreciated more than Winter, but she is not given as many opportunities to shine as the Korean member.
Some comments from netizens:
- NingNing is talented, she will shine in the future. As for Winter, she matches the taste of Korean fans so SM pushing her is not hard to understand.
- Line distribution is the company’s responsibility. Stop saying Winter robs NingNing’s lines.
- Winter is Korean, so of course she gets pushed more than NingNing. Winter gets a lot of high notes but it’s NingNing who sings the difficult parts of aespa’s songs. She can still show off her vocals.
- GOT is only the first project, NingNing will be in another lineup.
- It’s true that SM hasn’t used all of NingNing’s potential, but isn’t it too much to say that SM is being biased towards Winter? The difference between their lines is not that much of a big deal.
- Winter was chosen to join GOT because she can rap and dance better than NingNing. Being a main vocal does not automatically mean you earn a spot.
- NingNing’s fans don’t have to be worried. SM always has their ways to promote main vocals.
- Sometimes I feel sorry for NingNing and Giselle. aespa has 4 members but the main vocal and main rapper are left out all the time.