This year’s Chunsa International Film Festival gave Song Joong-ki and Jeon Do-yeon the Best Actor – Actress Awards.
At the 26th Chunsa International Film Festival held at CGV Cheongdam Cinecity in Gangnam-gu, Seoul on November 19th, Jeon Do-yeon won the Best Actress Award for her role in “Beasts Clawing at Straws” while Song Joong-ki was awarded the Best Actor Award with “Space Sweepers”
While giving her acceptance speech, Jeon Do-yeon said, “‘Beasts Clawing at Straws’ was released when the pandemic began its spread, so unfortunately, the audiences couldn’t see it at cinemas. When the pandemic is over, I hope more films will be seen in movie theaters.”
Song Joong-ki said, “‘Space Sweepers’ was the movie that I decided after thinking and considering a lot. Thanks to Director Jo Sung-hee that I made this choice”, and attributed his award to Director Jo Sung-hee. On that day, Director Cho Sung-hee also won the Best Director Award.
The Best Supporting Actor Award was received by Bae Jong-ok of “Innocence” and Park Jung-min of “Deliver Us from Evil”. Bae Jong-ok said, “I want to prove my presence as an actor in this field for a long time. I will awake myself as an actor like a crane”. Meanwhile, Park Jung-min said, “I want to become an actor who always works hard.”
Choi Jung-woon of “Moving On” and Lee Bong-geun of “The Singer” won the Best New Actor Awards. In addition, Yoon Dan-bi was awarded the Best New Director for the movie “Moving On”.
The Chunsa International Film Festival has been held since the 1990s to commemorate the Korean film pioneer Chunsa Na Woon-gyu.
The winners of the 26th Chunsa International Film Festival
– Best Director: Jo Sung-hee (Space Sweepers)
– Best Actor: Song Joong-ki (Space Sweepers)
– Best Actress: Jeon Do-yeon (Beasts Clawing at Straws)
– Best Supporting Actor: Park Jung-min (Deliver Us from Evil)
– Best Supporting Actress: Bae Jong-ok (Innocence)
– Audience’s Most Popular Movie: Deliver Us from Evil
– Chunsa World Awards: Director Chung Issac (Minari)
– Best New Director: Yoon Dan-bi (Moving On)
– Best New Actress: Choi Jung-woon (Moving On)
– Best New Actor: Lee Bong-geun (The Singer)
– Technical Award: Lee Mok-won, Yoo Chung, Park Joon-young (Peninsula)
– Best Screenplay: Hong Soo-young (Samjin Company English Class)
– Special Award for Feature Film: Director Jo Jung-rae (The Singer)
– Achievement Award: Director Lee Won-se, Director Park Jong-won