The untimely debate over “Yoo Jae Seok’s is no fun” is heating up in the online space.
Some say that the position of Yoo Jae Seok, who has been called “Yoo God” and “The Nation’s MC” and had always maintained his position at the top, is shaking especially this year. In this year’s terrestrial channels’ entertainment awards, there are concerns that Yoo Jae Seok may end up with nothing.
In the midst of this, a list of “tough advices” among netizens who like Yoo Jae Seok is floating around online. They analyzed the reason why Yoo Jae Seok became boring in hopes that he could do better in the future.
On Nov 2nd, a post was posted on the community FM Korea titled “Yoo Jae Seok, the reason why he is most likely to receive no award at the entertainment awards this year.” As of the afternoon of Nov 4th, nearly 1,000 comments were posted here.
Among them, the writer has gathered 10 comments that they could relate to the most. Netizens wrote their own thoughts on why Yoo Jae Seok, who was doing well, is no longer funny these days.
1. “Yoo Jae Seok’s original role was not the main dealer itself, but the role of a supporter. But the problem is that these days, I think he is only doing it with people he is comfortable with. It’s easy to make it fun at first, but from the viewer’s point of view, it’s a combination that we’ve seen for a decade. We can’t help but get sick of it. And the biggest problem is the program itself. “Hangout With Yoo” is really…”
2. “Everyone has their own crew, so it’s still fun if I endure and watch the show, but at first glance, it’s like the same program over and over again, so I got sick of it and changed the channel right away. Haha, Jung Jun Ha, Mi Joo… I’m sick of them.”
3. “At some point, I felt that Yoo Jae Seok was trying to save himself in various ways. As he has more things to protect, he can’t crack jokes aggressively anymore, and rather than being funny, there’s only a serious atmosphere left. That’s why ‘Yoo Quiz’ fits him better.”
4. “It’s no fun anymore if you become a scholar. Compared to the beginning, Yoo Jae Seok’s image has become more of a scholar.”
5. “Yoo Jae-suk seems to be just doing shows that he wants to do these days. He’s the best at what he’s good at, and he’s accomplished everything he wants.”
6. “Yoo Jae-suk is no longer greedy. He’s just raising the next generation.”
7. “Personally, I think Yoo Jae-suk is slowly coming down. I’m his fan, and I can feel that he isn’t quick-witted like before. He’s over 50… Still, I’m glad he doesn’t do observational reality shows.”
8. “He’s coming down slowly. I think this expression is right. He’s over 50 now.”
9. “Yoo Jae-suk’s form as an entertainer dropped. He’s just half a step away from the current entertainment trend.”
10. “Yoo Jae-suk is an icon of the times, so now he’s in a position that focuses more on fostering his successor.”