Many Kpop rookie groups are set to debut next year, from big companies to small and medium agencies.
Every year, entertainment companies have plans to debut new artists and idol groups. Many groups are launched unexpectedly, but there are also groups whose debuts are prepared and planned for a long time and the members are one by one introduced to the public. Kpop fans around the world always excitedly look forward to each time their favorite company plans to debut a new group because this could be an opportunity for fans to add another idol to their bias list.
As 2021 is coming toward the end, fans are now especially anticipating the plans for 2022 of Korean entertainment companies. Recently, Korean netizens have made a compilation of the groups that are expected to debut next year. The debut of these upcoming idol groups will most likely continue to strengthen the growth of the 4th generation idols in both quantity and quality.
The competition between the 2022 rookie idol groups is forecasted to be extremely exciting when all 4 major companies including HYBE and BIG 3 will be joining the race. Let’s take a look at the detailed plans of K-pop entertainment companies for their rookies that will debut next year!
SM Entertainment is reported to be preparing to launch a new subunit of NCT, including NCT Dream members namely Jaemin, Jeno, Jisung, and many others. SM also has plans to debut a brand new boy group outside of the NCT system.
JYP Entertainment has a long list of trainees waiting to debut next year. First off is the rookie girl group that is scheduled to debut in February 2022. Up to now, 4 members including Sullyoon, Jinni, Jiwoo and Kyujin have been introduced through different videos and photos.
JYP is also reported to be preparing for a new boy group consisting of members Yoon Min, Lee Gye Hun, Amaru, Keju, and Lee Dong Hyeon, who were selected through the TV show “LOUD”.
Among the agencies under HYBE Labels, Big Hit Music is reported to soon debut a new boy group. Meanwhile, Source Music is preparing for a new girl group, and Pledis Entertainment is getting ready for their next boy group’s debut. HYBE also plans to debut a girl group from the female version of the survival show “I-LAND”.
Cube Entertainment has a boy group that is preparing to debut. Yoo Seon Ho – a contestant of “Produce 101” season 2, is expected to be included in the upcoming boy group lineup.
Yuehua Entertainment will also debut a boy group next year. Currently, many rumors suggest that this group will include familiar trainees like Ahn Hyung Seop and Lee Eui Woong of “Produce 101” season 2, along with Han Bin of “I-LAND”.
Different plans to debut new idol groups of Korean entertainment companies is currently making netizens extremely excited, especially when this race also has the participation of many leading Kpop empires:
- I’m looking forward to seeing many new idols next year
- So SM is gonna debut a boy group that has absolutely nothing to do with NCT? If that’s true, it’s really worth the anticipation
- Wow, this is really the beginning of the 4th generation of idols
- I’m looking forward to Jang Won Young and Ahn Yu Jin’s group the most
- I’m excited for the young and beautiful female idols
- Isn’t aespa a 4th generation group? Then will the upcoming rookies be considered the 5th generation?
- Can’t wait to see YG’s new girl group
- I feel like I’m getting older every time a new group debuts
- Ahn Hyung Seob and Lee Eui Woong… Really…? Are they finally debuting…?
- Is the Big Hit’s new group for real? That is worth looking forward to