Why does IVE’s Wonyoung only stand straight on one leg every time she’s MCing?
Ever since her second debut in IVE on December 1, Jang Wonyoung has proved her popularity in Korea as she constantly trends on online communities. After every stage, MC schedule, and award show, the 17-year-old female idol makes it into the list of hot discussion topics by Korean netizens.
Aside from positive posts praising Wonyoung, there are also many posts overly scrutinizing the female idol every time she appears. Recently, a post about Wonyoung titled “Why does Jang Wonyoung stand with one leg bent when MCing?”. A Korean netizen shared screenshots of MC Wonyoung and pointed out that she often stood upright with one leg, while the other leg is bent forward.
Some netizens in the comments also wonder why Wonyoung could not stand with both her legs straight like others, and claim that the female idol might have hurt her legs, had a knee injury, or simply because she “wanted to look different”.
However, according to Wonyoung’s fans, the female idol stood that way out of respect for other artists standing next to her. Because of her outstanding height, if Wonyoung stands upright, she will look taller and overshadow her colleagues in the same frame.
Some netizens also believe that since Wonyoung has a fairly wide thigh gap, this standing pose can make her skinny legs look prettier.
- Wonyoung gets scrutinized even just for breathing.
- It’s because the gap between her legs is too wide, so she has to bend one leg to look nicer.
- She’s too tall, that’s why.
- When standing next to male idols, she doesn’t want to look too tall for them.
- Isn’t that the right posture when you’re around people who are shorter than you? She is so tall that she unconsciously bends and crosses her legs.
- Stop over analyzing everything Wonyoung does! You’re only making her more popular.