Big Hit is continuing to develop Weverse, and what if USUK stars like Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber will appear on this platform with BTS?
Recently, news of Big Hit cooperating with many partners to expand the Weverse fandom platform has appeared more and more. One of the most shocking news is that YG has confirmed that it will expand its global reach and artist’s influence through Big Hit’s Weverse.
However, Weverse’s ambitions were even greater. Big Hit and Naver are planning a partnership with Universal Music Group, one of the top 3 music production and record labels in the world. If this plan goes well, likely, Universal artists such as Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Maroon 5, etc will soon appear on Weverse.
Today (January 4) according to an exclusive report from Hankyung, beNX (Big Hit’s sub-label owned by Naver and Big Hit after acquiring V Live) is pursuing the opportunity to grow its global business with Universal Music Group. BeNX and Universal Music Group will likely form a new joint venture based in the US.
beNX now runs the Weverse platform, where artists and fans can freely communicate with each other. The platform will even hold concerts and live streams in the future as Naver already holds a 49% stake in beNX and is planning to integrate V Live into Weverse.
Universal Music Group is the gathering place for many global music stars such as Lady Gaga, Eminem, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, etc … If the project collaborates between beNX and Universal Music Group can be successful, Universal artists will also join Weverse
There are currently four artists from Universal Music Group on Weverse: Gracie Abrams, YUNGBLUD, New Hope Club, and Alexander 23.
In addition, the media has said that YG artists will soon be on Weverse in 2021. Notably, BLACKPINK is under the label Interscope which is also a part of Universal Music Group. This shows that the cooperation between Big Hit – Naver – YG – Universal Music Group will increasingly have a close connection.
Although there are still many dissatisfied opinions with Big Hit, the information that this company has the opportunity to cooperate with Universal Music Group has made many people very excited. They expect to see stars like Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, etc. … join the platform. In addition, many people have to admire the influence of BTS. They believed that without the success of the group, Big Hit would not have made such great progress.
Some comments of Knet:
– Wow, that’s really cool !!
– Oh my god, is that true ?!
– Daebak, I’ll wait for Taylor Swift.
– So Taylor Swift will join Weverse?
– So I’ll wait until the day when Maroon 5 replies to my message on Weverse, right?
– Rihanna, please join Weverse !!
– Really crazy, BTS is awesome !!
– I still think all this has come from the success of BTS.
– I just care if BLACKPINK will join Weverse or not.
– I hope that the pop singer I like will also join Weverse ㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ
– If Rihanna sells cosmetics through the Weverse shop, it’s great.
– I would be happy to see Taylor Swift or Rihanna on Weverse, but I don’t think top stars like them will join this platform.
– Does Big Hit have the opportunity to collaborate with artists from Universal Music Group? I am looking forward to it.