“Suspend all schedules…” Red Velvet Wendy delivered sudden news
Red Velvet Wendy temporarily suspended all schedules due to COVID-19 reinfection.
On May 10th, SM Entertainment posted a notice titled “Notice on Red Velvet Wendy’s schedules” through the fan community “Kwangya Club”.
SM said, “Wendy felt symptoms of abnormal condition and underwent a rapid antigen test today. The test showed that she tested positive for COVID-19. Currently, Wendy has suspended all schedules. She is in self-quarantine and receiving treatment at home in accordance with the guidelines of the quarantine authorities. She will not be able to attend ‘Wendy’s Young Street’.“
They added, “We will strictly follow quarantine guidelines and do our best so that Wendy can concentrate on recovery by considering the artist’s health and safety as our top priority.“
On the same day, a notice was posted on the official Instagram account of SBS Power FM’s “Wendy’s Young Street”, saying, “Due to Wendy’s diagnosis of COVID-19, special DJ Yoo Ji Ae will be in charge of today’s broadcast and Saturday’s broadcast.“
Fans showed reactions such as “Her throat seems to be in a bad condition these days“, “I hope I can see her smile again after recovering healthily“, “She’s really unlucky“…
Previously, Wendy tested positive for COVID-19 in April last year. At that time, her agency said, “Wendy, who has completed up to her third dose of the COVID-19 vaccination, is currently not showing any abnormal symptoms. She is in self-quarantine in accordance with the guidelines of the quarantine authorities.“