This statistic reports on which regions and countries contributed the most Youtube views for Kpop groups in 2019.
If you are wondering which regions and countries contributed the most Youtube views for Kpop groups last year, check this out. Recently on Theqoo, a Knetz has uploaded a compilation of the statistics on the contribution of Youtube views of some specific countries and regions for idol groups in 2019.
The regions and countries mentioned are: North America, South America (only including 2 countries with the most views), Europe (only 3 countries with the most views), Southeast Asia (only 4 countries with the most views), Japan and lastly, Korea.
Here are some notes from the OP so the data can be understood more easily.
– How to read: Group name – Number of views that the country has contributed to the group in 2019 in percentage
– Unit M: Millions.
– Group highlighted yellow: The number of views accounted for the highest percentage of the total views of the group in that region/country.
– Group highlighted blue: This number of views accounts for the lowest percentage of the total views of the group in that region/country.
– NCT will be divided into specific units: NCT 127, NCT Dream,… Only the unit with the highest number of views will be included. For example, in this ranking, only the data of NCT 127 is used.
– Statistics on views are taken from the official Youtube website (https://charts.youtube.com/). And the percentage is calculated by the OP.
– The purpose: Find out which region or country contributes the most views. The number of views constitutes which percentage of the total views of the groups.
The most-watched group in North America on Youtube: BTS (612.8 million views)
The group with the most views from North America: Monsta X (accounting for 14% of the total view)
The group with the least views from North America: BLACKPINK (Only 5.78% of the total view)
Note: Although BTS and BLACKPINK have very high views in North America, their total views in 2019 are not dependent on this area. In contrast, Monsta X got 50.83 million views but accounted for 14% of the total group view, proving that their core fan base has many fans from North America.
SOUTH AMERICAN (Only consider 2 countries with the most views)
The most-watched group in South America on Youtube: BTS (912 million views)
The group with the most views coming from South America: BTS (accounting for 14.03% of the total view)
The group with the least views from South America: Red Velvet (only 7.49% of the total view)
Note: The data shows that BTS really has a huge popularity in South America. Fans in this region contributed nearly a billion views and accounted for 14.03% of the group’s overall YouTube achievement in 2019. It should be noted that these are only two typical countries, if the entire South America is included, the number will probably be much bigger.
EUROPE (Only taking 3 countries with the most views)
The most-watched group in Europe on Youtube: BTS (266.1 million views)
The group with the most views from Europe viewers: Monsta X (accounting for 6.66% of the total view)
The group with the least views based from Europe: Twice (Only 2.48% of the total view)
Note: BTS continues to be the most viewed group in Europe in 2019. However, the group that ‘benefits’ the most from European fans is Monsta X. Monsta X is proving their appeal in the international market. However, in general, Europe is overall not a place that contributes much to the number of views of Kpop idols because the percentage is not over 7%.
The most watched group on Youtube Japan: Twice (450 million views)
The group with the most views contributed by Japanese viewers: Seventeen (accounting for 22.32% of the total view)
The group with the least views from Japanese viewers: BLACKPINK (Only accounts for 3.67% of the total view)
Note: Twice is the most viewed group in Japan in 2019 with 450 million views. However, Seventeen caused surprise because the support they got from Japanese fans is no less than the trio Twice-BTS-BLACKPINK. Pledis boy group recorded 127 million views from Japan, accounting for 22.32% of the group’s total views in 2019.
The most watched group on Youtube Korea: BTS (351 million views)
The group with the most views from Korea: Red Velvet (accounting for 18.10% of the total view)
The group with the least views from Korea: BLACKPINK (Only 3.18% of the total view)
Note: BTS is the most watched group in Korea with 351 million views. However, it is surprising that the amount of Korean views only accounts for a very small part of the total views of BTS in 2019.
Looking at the chart, Twice is the Kpop girl group that most Koreans watch on Youtube. However, the group that has benefited most from Korean fans is Red Velvet with the percentage of Korean views accounting for 18.10% of the total views of the girls in 2019. BLACKPINK is still supported by Korean fans with 130 million views, but this number only accounts for a very small part of the total views of the YG group.
In addition, considering the common ground in other regions, in fact, Koreans do not contribute much to the Youtube views of their home country idols. The percentage of views from Korea is almost inconsiderable in the total view of most Kpop groups.
SOUTHEAST ASIA (Only 4 countries with the most views)
The most viewed group in Southeast Asia on Youtube: BLACKPINK (1,475 billion views)
The group with the most views from Southeast Asian viewers: BLACKPINK (accounting for 36.06% of the total view)
The group with the least views from Southeast Asia: BTS (accounting for 22.28% of the total view)
Note: BLACKPINK is the Kpop group that dominates Southeast Asia because not only SEA viewers contributed 1.4 billion views, this number also accounted for 36.06% of the group’s total views in 2019.
Besides BLACKPINK, BTS is the second most viewed group in Southeast Asia with a close number of contributed views to BLACKPINK’s. However, these views accounted for a low percentage of total views of BTS last year.
In particular, Southeast Asia is the most enthusiastic area when it comes to streaming MVs for Kpop groups. SEA fans take great credit for the overall views of idols. The number of views is always much higher than in other countries or regions, and the percentage is also extremely high. Besides, this is just a figure taken from 4 countries contributing the most views in Southeast Asia. If all the countries in this region are included, the number will be even more terrific, proving that the streaming power of Southeast Asian fans is no joke.
Knet’s comment on Theqoo about this rankins:
– BLACKPINK indeed has great support from Southeast Asia.
– As a result, Southeast Asian fans support the Kpop idol the most enthusiastically. Their views are double, triple that of other regions and countries.
– Seeing this, I can see right away that BTS’s influence is all over the world.
– Wow, Europe really started to support Kpop.
– BTS is excellent! Their influence reaches every region.
– Wow, Seventeen is gaining popularity in Japan!
– I didn’t know Southeast Asian fans are this powerful. These charts are very interesting!
– BLACKPINK is famous in Southeast Asia, Twice is famous in Northeast Asia.
– BTS is really popular in South America, right?
– BTS is a truly global group.