6 highly-anticipated Korean dramas is going to be released this month
A Time Called You
The drama’s story revolves around Han Jun Hee, a girl who is grieving the loss of her boyfriend and unexpectedly time-travels to become a high school student named Kwon Min Joo. Here, Han Jun Hee meets Nam Si Heon, a fellow student who bears a striking resemblance to her late boyfriend.
- Genre: Mystery, Romance, Fantasy
- Cast: Ahn Hyo Seop, Jeon Yeo Been, Kang Hoon
- Episodes: 12
- Premiere Date: Streaming on Netflix from September 8th
Arthdal Chronicles Season 2: Sword of Aramun
The most highly anticipated project of September, “Arthdal Chronicles Season 2: Sword of Aramun“, features an illustrious cast, with the spotlight on the acclaimed actor Jang Dong Gun.
Arthdal Chronicles depicts intense power struggles in a fictional land named Arthdal. The new season continues the story from the previous season, where the rebellion of tribes previously massacred by Ta Gon (Jang Dong Gun) has been suppressed.
Meanwhile, in Agos, tribes have united under the leadership, putting an end to the 200-year-long turmoil. Eun Seom (Lee Jun Ki) and Tan Ya (Shin Se Kyung) have gathered a formidable force and are ready to confront Ta Gon’s army.
- Genre: Historical Epic, Fantasy
- Cast: Jang Dong Gun, Lee Jun Ki, Shin Se Kyung, Kim Ok Bin
- Episodes: 12
- Premiere Date: Airing on Saturdays & Sundays on tvN, starting from September 9th
“The Day” follows the story of Kim Myung Joon, a kind-hearted yet financially struggling man. In desperate need of money to pay for his daughter’s medical bills, he decides to kidnap Choi Ro Hee, the young daughter of a wealthy family.
An accident occurs, causing Choi Ro Hee to lose her memory. Unwillingly, Kim Myung Joon pretends to be her father and brings her home from the hospital. Kim Myung Joon demands a ransom, but no one answers the call. He decides to go to Choi Ro Hee’s house to assess the situation.
Here, Kim Myung Joon witnesses an unexpected event: Choi Ro Hee’s parents have died, and their bodies are being carried away. Things worsen when Choi Ro Hee discovers Kim Myung Joon’s lies, including the fact that he’s not her real father.
- Genre: Drama, Comedy, Thriller
- Cast: Yoon Kye Sang, Park Sung Hoon, Yu Na
- Episodes: 12
- Premiere Date: Airing on Wednesdays & Thursdays on ENA, starting from September 13th
7 Escape: War for Survival
“7 Escape: War for Survival” is a new project by SBS, written by Kim Sun Ok, the writer behind the hit series “Penthouse”.
The story follows 7 individuals with different backgrounds and stories, all connected to the mysterious disappearance of a girl. They must face major events intertwined with extreme desires and terrifying deceit.
- Genre: Drama, Thriller, Mystery
- Cast: Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Jong Hoon, Jo Yoon Hee
- Episodes: 17
- Premiere Date: Airing on Fridays & Saturdays on SBS, starting from September 15th
“Sparkling watermelon” promises to provide viewers with truly relaxing and comfortable moments.
The story revolves around Eun Gyeol, a young man born into a deaf family but with a warm heart and a passion for music. After visiting a mysterious music store, Eun Gyeol unexpectedly travels through time. He meets the 18-year-old version of his father and other wonderful friends.
- Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Youth
- Cast: Ryeoun, Seol In Ah, Choi Hyun Wook, Shin Eun Soo
- Episodes: 16
- Premiere Date: Airing on Mondays & Tuesdays on tvN, starting from September 25th
The Worst Evil
The last one on the list is “The Worst Evil” starring Ji Chang Wook.
“The Worst Evil” is set in Seoul during the 1990s, when a highly potent drug named “Gangnam Crystal” was widely sold in the city’s nightclubs. To suppress the criminal drug gang and uncover the origin of this new type of drug, police officer Park Jun Mu (Ji Chang Wook) is assigned the mission of infiltrating the enemy ranks.
Here, he unexpectedly discovers that his wife, Yoo Eui Jung (Im Se Mi), is also involved. It seems she has a complicated past tied to the notorious crime lord. As Park Jun Mu carries out his mission, he must not only reveal the truth but also ensure his wife’s safety at all times.
- Genre: Action, Crime
- Cast: Ji Chang Wook, Wi Ha Joon, Im Se Mi
- Episodes: 12
- Premiere Date: Streaming on Disney+ from September 27th