Kang Sung-hoon, a former member of the group SechsKies, is under criticism for his disparaging remarks about younger idol’s appearance, and his past comparison with ASTRO Cha Eun-woo is brought back.
Kang Sung-hoon appeared on the cable channel MBC “Video Star” in January last year. When the MC compared his and Cha Eun-woo’s looks, Sung-hoon replied with an unamused expression: “Oh he is really that handsome? I don’t really know that when I look at him like this.“
At that time, the host Kim So-hyun mentioned her meeting with Kang Sung-hoon 23 years ago, saying that he was a “face genius” to everyone. She showed off her loyalty by selecting Kang Sung-hoon, not Cha Eun-woo, as the “best face genius”.
Kang was overly confident with his comment of how he didn’t know that Cha Eunwoo was handsome, and the production team emphasized his confident attitude with the caption “The uncle of the 20th Century who doesn’t know how scary the online comments can be.“
The netizens are indeed angry after seeing this side of Kang Sung-hoon. The comment section is full of negative opinions:
- Are you jealous because Cha Eun-woo is more handsome than you?
- Isn’t he being explodingly jealous because of he feels the inferiority complex?
- Go look in the mirror than talk to us.
- I think he hasn’t checked his face yet.
- Cha Eun-woo is more handsome than you. I’m a man and I still think Cha Eun-woo is more handsome. Also do something with that hair please. You are a man, not a young little girl.