(G)I-DLE draws praise for excellent live singing, but one member is called out for “messing up” the encore stage
(G)I-DLE’s live singing skills have never disappointed netizens, but there is still a member who is called the group’s “vocal hole”.
(G)I-DLE recently returned after more than a year with the 1st full album I NEVER DIE and the title track TOMBOY. This was expected to be a difficult comeback for the group due to Soojin’s departure. However, TOMBOY’s performance has exceeded expectations and achieved great success. The song scored Perfect All-kill on domestic digital charts and has continuously brought (G)I-DLE various music show wins.
(G)I-DLE winning 1st place on music shows also draws attention to their encore stages. With great live singing skills that have been proven since their debut, (G)I-DLE’s encore performances obviously do not disappoint fans and netizens.
Comments from Korean netizens on (G)I-DLE‘s encore:
- Why are they all so good at singing? Especially Yuqi. I didn’t expect her to sing so well. Jeon Soyeon sounds the same as the studio version, it’s amazing.
- (G)I-DLE always sings well live.
- (G)I-DLE is the best
- Yuqi sang well. She has a unique vocal color.
- Except for the debut stage, (G)I-DLE has always sung live. Cube idols always sing live.
However, besides the praise given to Soyeon, Yuqi, Miyeon, and Minnie, some Korean netizens think that the group still has a “vocal hole” that is Shuhua:
- Did you guys really hear Shuhua’s encore? She messed it up last time, so this time, the other members were helping her. Stop praising her for being talented, it’s embarrassing.
- Why are people hating on Arin and Jang Wonyoung while defending Shuhua so much? She is the worst of those 3.