K-pop artists have proven their influence in the global fashion market
Recently, the top 10 most influential celebrities at Paris Fashion Week Menswear SS23 based on the media value they bring to the brand (EMV – Earned Media Value) was announced. This list immediately attracted the attention of Kpop fans as 4 out of 10 positions in this list belong to K-pop stars.
The top 10 are as follows:
- Lisa (BLACKPINK) – Celine: 29M$
- V (BTS) – Celine: 12M$
- Oh Sehun (EXO) – Dior: 3M$
- Tyga – Louis Vuitton, Givenchy: 2M$
- Vinnie Hacker – Ami: 1M$
- Rauw Alejandro – Louis Vuitton: 1,5M$
- Rosalía – Acne Studios: 900K$
- Yokohama Ryusei – Dior: 800k$
- Yuta (NCT) – Louis Vuitton: 800K$
- Jaden Smith – Kenzo: 600K$
At the end of June, Lisa, BTS V and Park Bo Gum caused a media explosion when they appeared together at Celine’s event. The hastags related to the trio continuously reached the top trending Twitter on the day of the event. Notably, this is the first time V has participated in a fashion event as an independent artist.
EXO Sehun, although not directly participating in Dior’s event, also attracted great attention from the media.
Yuta (NCT) also wowed netizens and fashion fans with his outstanding appearance.