This K-drama has gained positive feedback, despite having been airing for only two episodes.
“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” is a tvN’s latest historical drama set in Joseon era. Although airing for two episodes to date, “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” has been receiving positive feedback from the audience. Specifically, the rating of the first episode reached 3.8% while the second episode shot to 5.1%. This impressive figure has pushed the series to become the serial drama with the highest average viewership in the past week, despite a lack of famous stars on the show.
“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” is the adaptation of a novel of the same name, surrounding Yoo Se Poong, a famous royal palace’s physician responsible for the health of the royalty. A scheme was conspired to get him departed from the palace, leading to his exile to the strange village of Gyesu. During this first period, Poong is devastated and empty until he meets two strangers Seo Eun Woo (played by Kim Hyang Gi) and Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung), who help him find his life purpose again. Not only does the trio treat people’s medical conditions but they also heal one another.
After the first two episodes, “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” received many positive reviews. The setting and costumes are beautiful and at the same time historically accurate. Kim Hyang Gi captivates the audience with her great acting skills and exploding chemistry with fellow co-stars. Furthermore, Kim Min Jae is receiving the most praises for his flexible acting, as he conveys the character’s complex psychology well. His handsome visuals are definitely a bonus as well.
The audience’s comments:
- Because I like period dramas with historical accuracy, I could not bear Jung So Min’s “Alchemy of Souls” (though I know it was fictional). This drama is my style
- Kim Min Jae is the best, I could not be more satisfied
- Kim Min Jae acted better than I thought, so much potential
- The first two episodes reminded me of “Dr. Romantic” season 1 but the historical version. I hope I can see more Joseon-related scenes in the series, the crew did a great job maintaining accuracy while still making it so stunning
- The first two episodes had a good balance with comedy, fun and seriousness. They were emotional though I thought i would be funny at first glance
- The drama is so good you guys, the landscapes were picturesque, it was a 10 overall
Source: Mydramalist, Soompi