The members of BLACKPINK will only receive one thing from fans.
Over the past few days, the tension between BLACKPINK Lisa‘s fans and YG, the female idol’s management company, has grabbed the attention of many Kpop fans. Every action of the company is paid attention to. Most recently, on October 12, YG has issued an official notice to announce that BLACKPINK will stop receiving gifts from fans.
Specifically, YG has stated that, in the future, the company will politely reject gifts sent to BLACKPINK by fans on special occasions (group debut anniversary, solo debut anniversary, birthday, etc.), broadcast (music broadcast, radio, entertainment), performances,… With the exception of handwritten letters, all gifts sent to the company’s address will be declined. The members have thought about this for a long time and are beyond grateful for the sincere support of their fans.
The company also added: “We would appreciate it if you could indirectly pass it on to a place in need of more help or for a good cause. We ask for the fans’ cooperation and understanding”.
It is common for fans to send gifts to Kpop idols. However, for various reasons related to safety, privacy or up to a certain point, most idols will start rejecting gifts from fans and only accept fan letters.
YG’s announcement at this sensitive time may cause many people to misunderstand. Therefore, some fans left comments explaining more clearly on behalf of the company:
- This is normal. It could be worrying if anti-fans send dangerous stuff to the members.
- Idols rejecting fan gifts is not something new. This is also to protect BLACKPINK. There are some people who even put hidden cameras and other unnecessary things in the gifts. Now that the girls no longer accept gifts, fans can use the money to buy albums.
- YG’s making an announcement at this time is like blaming LisaBar for not buying the albums, isn’t it?
- The Chinese fan bars always prepare the coolest gifts though, what a pity.
- I know this might be controversial but I have always thought some bad staff would take the members’ gifts so it’s good that they won’t accept fan gifts anymore.
- But we need YG to speak up on other matters.
Currently, YG has not responded to the controversies related to Lisa’s individual schedules and handling of malicious rumors targeting BLACKPINK.