Many people began to worry that appearing on ‘Street Woman Fighter’ would negatively affect the idol career of the former IZ*ONE member in the future.
Mnet’s “Street Woman Fighter“, where top female dancers compete for the title of the best dancer, is currently the most-watched survival show in Korea. Right before the show aired, netizens were buzzing about “Street Woman Fighter” when it was announced that Lee Chaeyeon (former IZ*ONE member) would appear as a contestant.
But contrary to the excitement of the fans, right from the first episode, Chaeyeon was chosen by other dancers as the weakest contestant when she received many “No Respect” stickers. In the following episodes, Chaeyeon suffered 4 consecutive defeats, and the former IZ*ONE member had to cry because she felt sorry for the other members of the team.
Not only that, ever since “Street Woman Fighter” aired until now, Korean netizens have been constantly talking about Chaeyeon’s dancing ability as a K-pop idol and comparing her dancing ability with other professional dancers. While netizens expected Chaeyeon to prove her dancing skills, some expressed their disappointment that what happened was completely against their expectations. And it is clear that the skills of the former IZ*ONE member are still lacking, not comparable to professional dancers.
With everything that has happened up to this point, Korean netizens are starting to wonder if Chaeyeon will regret her decision to join “Street Woman Fighter”. A netizen shared, “Chaeyeon’s purpose when appearing on ‘Street Woman Fighter’ was to gain more recognition and prove her dancing ability. But in reality, Chaeyeon’s dancing skills still lose to professional dancers”.
Many netizens have heatedly debated this topic by leaving comments:
- “I agree that it would be better if Chaeyeon didn’t appear on the show”
- “I think Chaeyeon’s image as a good dancer has been ruined after participating in ‘Street Woman Fighter'”
- “Honestly, I don’t think Chaeyeon will regret it. Chaeyeon sees the show as an opportunity to challenge herself and I think she learned a lot from the show.”
- “If I were Chaeyeon, I would regret it, but most importantly, I would be very worried about the future. Chaeyeon became an idol mainly because of her dancing ability, she doesn’t have excellent singing skills or foreign language. The image is especially outstanding. The decision to participate in “Street Woman Fighter” ruined the image of a good dancer that many people still think of Chaeyeon.”
- “Not very related to this topic but I still think that Chaeyeon is amazing. She used to go on ‘Sixteen’ and ‘Produce 48’ to be able to achieve her dream, and now she’s doing it again with “Street Woman Fighter”. It’s a big challenge for Chaeyeon”,….
Do you think Lee Chaeyeon will regret her decision to join “Street Woman Fighter“?