BLACKPINK is becoming more and more popular. Recently, music expert Kim Young Dae explained why BLACKPINK is famous globally.
BLACKPINK has always been known as a girl group with many outstanding international achievements. Their international fanbase is also extremely strong, willing to spend money on idol-related products and contribute significantly to the group’s achievements. Specifically, recently, thanks to the love of fans, especially international fans, BLACKPINK has become a K-Pop girl group to become a million album seller with their first full-album ‘The Album.’
Each member also has outstanding personal activities abroad. All 4 girls are ambassadors for high-end brands: Jisoo is the Global Ambassador for both Dior Fashion and Beauty, Jennie is the house ambassador for Chanel, YSL has also declared Rosé as the global ambassador of this fashion house, Lisa also became the Global Ambassador of MAC and Celine. Lisa, in particular, is also recently known as a coach in the Chinese show “Youth with You”.
Previously, YG’s girl group was also the first Kpop girl group to perform at Coachella – the famous American music festival. The group also appeared on many American television shows as well as collaborated with many famous USUK artists such as Selena Gomez, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa. They also achieved many impressive achievements on the prestigious charts of Billboard, iTunes, …
So, why are they so globally famous? Recently, music expert Kim Dae Young sat down to explain one of the aspects that is bringing the girl group so much popularity.
Music critic Kim Young Dae explained that it was the image and style of BLACKPINK that helped this girl group stand out among hundreds of other groups. He further explained by saying, “They have powerful swag and an extravagant, luxurious image. These are the things that brought the girls to become a sort of a role model for K-Pop fans regardless of the country or background.”
He also said that: “BLACKPINK clearly expressed this and depicted this aspect since their debut. Not only in music but in fashion and visuals as well. The girl group has used the added values that came from those aspects as the group’s identity. They strengthened their luxurious image by collaborating with famous fashion brands. This gave birth to the BLACKPINK we know – the most luxurious and fashionable image.”
Netizens also agree with this expert’s opinion. On Theqoo, they left many comments as follows:
1. I agree with him
2. Good songs, beautiful choreography, beautiful looks, and perfect image, so it will be a big hit
3. But first of all, the members have good skills. They sing, rap, dance and live well…
4. BLACKPINK is a perfect group in every way
5. He’s right, BLACKPINK has a very classy image for meㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. I think YG is good with that stuff
7. Plus, synergy is promoted because their skills are good. If they didn’t have the skills, they would never be as successful as they are now
8. The artist’s image is so important, BLACKPINK has been so good at building up its image since its debut
9. Yes, they really do have that wannabe image that everyone wants to be like
10. To be honest, BLACKPINK is unique. I don’t think there will be another group like BLACKPINK in the future