The outfit and hairstyle of Yeji (ITZY) have soon encountered mixed opinions from the Korean netizens
To prepare for the second comeback in 2021, ITZY has begun to release teaser images and videos for the group’s full album “Crazy In Love”. On September 7, the first concept photos were released, giving the audience a better look at the members’ visuals during this comeback.
As of today, the first individual teaser photos for “Crazy In Love” have also been released. Yeji and Lia are the two opening members of ITZY’s personal photo series in their latest comeback.
With only a few images released so far, however, Korean netizens were quick to raise concerns about Yeji‘s outfits. Ever since ITZY’s debut, Yeji has always been the experimental subject of JYP with weird styles of outfits and hair. The more ITZY makes a comeback, the more Korean netizens feel that JYP’s experiment with Yeji seems to be gradually becoming weirder.
- “What are they doing with a pretty girl like Yeji?”
- “It doesn’t matter if it’s experimental or what, but this style is clearly too rustic. Can you please just dress her up a bit more casually…”
- “Her hairstyle is weird. Coordi is definitely Yeji’s anti-fan”
- “Yeji’s face is so pretty and her body proportions are great. I wish the company would let her follow a concept where everyone would recognize her beauty ㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
- “What happened to JYP’s stylist… Why is the style so weird”
- “Reminds me of 2NE1’s Sandara Park”
- “The clothes are really weird but Yeji has a good weight”
- “I think this hairstyle suits Yeji quite well, but her outfit is really weird;”
- “JYP, are you guys trusting Yeji’s face too much?”
- “I just wish they wouldn’t make her tie her hair up like that. Yeji looks good with her hair down “
The album “Crazy In Love” and the MV for the title song “LOCO” will be released on September 24. This will be the first full album in ITZY’s career, and also marks the reunion of the JYP girl group with composer team Galactika – who made two hits “DALLA DALLA” and “WANNABE” successful – instead of using Park Jin Young’s music like in the recent comebacks.