Many people thought that JYP Entertainment’s next group would be a boy group, but it’s not!
In the race for a leading position of the 4th generation, entertainment companies are constantly planning to release many new groups. And most recently, many Kpop fans were surprised when JYP Entertainment suddenly announced their plan to debut their next girl group in the next year.
At exactly 0:00 on July 9 (KST), JYP Entertainment released a mysterious teaser titled “Blind Package”. After letting the online community and fans stir with a series of speculations, this morning, JYP answered all questions by revealing that this mysterious teaser is to “tease” the debut of a new girl group.
Previously, JYP also opened SNS for “JYPn”, which is also the project to introduce their new girl group. Accordingly, this new girl group will debut in February 2022, becoming first girl group after 3 years since ITZY’s debut.
JYP also established Division 4, which is headed by Lee Ji Young, the company’s first female internal director, to manage the new girl group. This division includes the top staffs who have recruited and trained Sunmi (Wonder Girls), Jinwoon (2AM), Nichkhun (2PM), Jeongyeon – Sana – Jihyo – Tzuyu (TWICE), Young K (Day 6), Mark – Jackson – Yugyeom (GOT7),…etc
The debut of another girl group at this time created mixed opinions. Many people thought that JYP’s next group would be a boy group. Except for DAY6, which is a boyband-oriented group, there are only 2 boy groups left, 2PM and Stray Kids. JYP have not launched a single boygroup since 2018.
Others think that ITZY is still like a rookie and has not really got a foothold in the industry. Thus, JYP does not really need to debut a new girl group. Besides, 2022 is also the time when TWICE’s 7-year exclusive contract expires. As a result, many people doubt that TWICE members will not re-sign with this company.
Comments from Knetizens:
- “Really??? How about ITZY…?”
- “That’s right, they should get rid of the school violence group and debut a new one”
- “ITZY has a high popularity but the fandom is too weak. While idols want to go a long way, they must have a strong fandom”
- “Isn’t 2022 the year when TWICE’s contract expires…? Does that mean TWICE won’t re-sign ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “It’s probably because of Lia that JYP let go of ITZY ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “I hope there will be Lilly M and Ahn Yuna”
- “When I saw that the Thanks To section on 2PM’s new album mentioned Division 4, I wondered if they were mistaken, it turned out to be a new division for a girl group that’s about to debut ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “But isn’t it time for JYP to debut the next boy group?”
- “TWICE debuted in October 2015, ITZY debuted in February 2019, looking at this distance, it is clear that it is not as short as people think. It is simply debuting as planned”
Meanwhile, “BLIND PACKAGE” will be a limited edition of the new girl group’s debut single and will only be sold for 10 days from July 16-25. Fans will receive a hard copy when the new girl group debuts in mid-February next year, including a limited edition CD, photobook, photocard, poster, polaroid, etc.