TWICE’s achievement after the first 24 hours is considered a disappointment
On November 12, TWICE officially made a comeback with the 3rd full album in their career called Formula Of Love: O+T=<3 and the title song SCIENTIST. This is TWICE‘s second comeback in Korea in 2021 after the album “Taste Of Love” in June, which was expected to achieve many positive achievements after 1 year of hard work. Let’s take a look at the group’s achievements after 24 hours of comeback with SCIENTIST.
The number of MV views continues to plummet
TWICE has always had a steady track record of MV views on YouTube. However, in recent comebacks, the group’s MV views after 24 hours have not been very positive. With SCIENTIST, the group only received 16 million views within 1 day of release.
Top Korean MVs with the highest views in the first 24 hours of TWICE:
- FANCY: 42.1 million views
- Yes or Yes: 31.4 million views
- Alcohol-Free: 19.97 million views
- Dance The Night Away: 19.6 million views
- More & More: 19.1 million views
- I Can’t Stop Me: 18.9 million views
- SCIENTIST: 16 million views
The performance of SCIENTIST is significantly lower than that of Alcohol-Free and other TWICE products. Moreover, the group is far behind BLACKPINK. Lovesick Girls, BLACKPINK‘s most recent single, had 61.4 million views on its first day, 3.8 times more than SCIENTIST. When compared to the most recent MV of BLACKPINK member Lisa, MV TWICE fell even more behind, with MV LALISA receiving 73.6 million views on the first day.
Digital music achievements also disappoint the public
Alcohol-Free, after exactly 24 hours, reached #1 at Genie, Bugs, #16 at Flo and #22 at Melon 24Hits. Meanwhile, SCIENTIST has a considerably poorer performance.
Quite good album-sale achievement
On the other hand, TWICE had a good first-day album-sale compared to previous products. Surpassing album Taste Of Love (180.236 copies), TWICE‘s third full album Formula Of Love: O+T=<3 sold 238,631 copies on the first day on Hanteo. This number is only lower than it of TWICE‘s previous album More & More (274,472 copies).
Compared to other K-pop girl groups, Formula Of Love: O+T=<3 is in 3rd place, just behind BLACKPINK‘s THE ALBUM and the group’s own album More & More
Top albums by Kpop girl groups with the highest sales on the first day on Hanteo:
- BLACKPINK – THE ALBUM (589,310 copies)
- TWICE – More & More (274,472 copies)
- TWICE – Formula Of Love: O+T=<3 (238,631 copies)
- IZ*ONE – One-reeler/Act IV” (190.698 copies)
- IZ*ONE – BLOOM*IZ (183,975 copies)
- TWICE – Taste of Love (180,236 copies)
- BLACKPINK – How You Like That (155,844 copies)