In the first quarter of 2021, which Kpop idols are most interested in by the American public?
Today, the Hallyu wave has spread globally. Korean music is also gaining attention from global audiences, including American audiences. Americans can reach Kpop easily via YouTube.
Recently, a Knet posted an article that ranked the 20 most viewed Kpop idols by Americans on Youtube in the first quarter of 2021 (from January to the end of March). The results of this chart, besides the predictable high rankings, also many groups or solo singers surprised netizens with their unexpected influence. Let’s take a look at the chart below!
– Total views are calculated from 1/1/2021 to 1/4/2021.
– Only views from the US are counted.
– Data is aggregated from the official Youtube data page (https://charts.youtube.com/).
From 20th to 15th
Rank 20: LOONA – Total view from the US: 9.45 million views
Rank 19: SHINee – Total view from the US: 9.67 million views
Rank 18: Chungha – Total view from the US: 9.9 million views
Rank 17: BIG BANG – Total view from the US: 9.92 million views
Rank 15: GOT7 – Total view from the US: 10.8 million views
Rank 15: Rosé (BLACKPINK) – Total views from the US: 10.8 million views
From 14th to 10th
Rank 14: NCT U – Total view from the US: 11.6 million views
Rank 13: IU – Total view from the US: 11.9 million views
Rank 12: NCT 127 – Total view from the US: 13.3 million views
Rank 11: SEVENTEEN – Total view from the US: 13.9 million views
Rank 10: MAMAMOO – Total view from the US: 14.7 million views
From 9th to 4th
Rank 9: EXO – Total view from the US: 14.8 million views
Rank 8: (G) I-DLE – Total views from the US: 15 million views
Rank 7: TXT – Total view from the US: 16.5 million views
Rank 6: ITZY – Total view from the US: 17.1 million views
Rank 5: Red Velvet – Total view from the US: 19.8 million views
Rank 4: Stray Kids – Total view from the US: 36.6 million views
Top 3 leading artists
Rank 3: TWICE – Total view from the US: 48.1 million views
Rank 2: BLACKPINK – Total views from the US: 129 million views
Rank 1: BTS – Total view from the US: 215 million views
Some comments of Knets on the above chart:
– As expected of BangPink’s power !!
– BLACKPINK is the second most popular Kpop group in America. It’s ridiculous that some kids complain that BLACKPINK is only popular in Southeast Asia.
– It feels like BTS is completely overwhelmed in America.
– TWICE is in the top 3, they are definitely popular in America too.
– BTS recorded more than 200 million views from the US in the first 3 months of the year. How excellent !!
– I can guess BTS’s No.1 and BLACKPINK’s No.2, but TWICE’s ranking is too high.
– Wow, TWICE reached 3rd !! Why are there people who still say TWICE can’t be famous in America ?!
– Stray Kids’ ranking is higher than expected .. !! Great
– But Stray Kids’ ranking is really high !! The group must be very popular in America.
– But NCT isn’t as famous as I thought …
Congratulations to all Kpop idols who made it to the chart. Are you surprised by any idol’s ranking? Please share your opinion.