Forbes reveals 10 Kpop idols who make the most money from their Youtube channels.
Over the years, YouTube has become one of the major platforms for K-pop artists to interact with the global audience. It also contributes to bringing massive earnings for artists. Recently, Forbes named 10 highest earning K-pop YouTube channels based on data collected from YouTube.
Accordingly, first place belongs to the world’s biggest boy group BTS with an earning of $16.5 million coming from the channel ‘Bangtan TV‘. 2021 has been an extremely productive and successful year for BTS. The group’s smash hit “Butter” swept various domestic and international charts, including Billboard Hot 100.
BLACKPINK comes in second place with $11.6 million. This is a big surprise because in 2021, BLACKPINK members have been focusing on solo activities. As can be seen, even without a group comeback, the YG girl group’s popularity and charm has not declined one bit.
In this list, aespa is the most surprising character when coming in 9th place with an income of $ 1.2 million. Although debuting not long ago, aespa has already confirmed its position.
Here is the list of Top 10 Kpop Idol YouTube channels with the highest income in 2021:
- BTS – 16.5 million dollars
- Black Pink – 11.6 million dollars
- NCT Dream – $1.9 million
- Seventeen -1.7 million dollars
- GOT7’s BamBam – $1.5 million
- MAMAMOO – $1.5 million
- EXO – 1.5 million dollars
- IU- 1.4 million dollars
- aespa – 1.2 million dollars
- TXT – 980 thousand dollars
Here is Knet’s comment:
- “I’m so proud of NCT Dream. They didn’t even debut overseas.”
- “Where are Stray Kids? I think the channel is known for its high views on YouTube.”
- “BLACKPINK doesn’t even have their own content or group comeback but they’re still been achieved, it’s amazing.”
- “aespa is so cool.”