On Jang Won Young’s birthday, Chinese fans gave the former IZ*ONE member many expensive gifts.
On June 19, a post appeared on the top of trending after announcing the amount of money that fans had donated to celebrate Jang Won Young‘s birthday. Accordingly, Chinese fans started to raise money for the idol’s birthday 4 months ago.
On May 19, they raised 320 million KRW (approximately $281,877) and there are still a few months left until Jang Won Young’s birthday in August. The OP also said that the female idol had received a gift worth about 100 million KRW for her 16th birthday.
Some comments from Korean netizens:
- [+95, -5] And now they’ve reached 4 billion won (3.5M USD), this is worth an entire hoes in the suburbs…. Our house cost around 3 billion won.. Raising 4 billion for a birthday can’t be real
- [+90, -10] As much as I want to hate on Jang Wonyoung, I want to live as Jang Wonyoung
- [+85, -6] This was posted in May and now they’ve reached 4 billion
- [+57, -3] Hul is Jang Wonyoung 18 y’o…? This is freaking impressive
- [+43, -2] I’m already jealous of the fact she can receive several million worths of luxury items, but to think that so many fans are picking gifts one by one making sure that everything suits me and they’re doing it so carefully, while packaging them f*cking beautifully must be so touching. I’m most envious of this
- [+28, -0] This is really the price of a houseㅋㅋㅋㅋ